Grado Fan Club!
Feb 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #12,436 of 65,523
I also owned the MS2i and my friend owned the SR325is (purchased at the same time) and we wound up swapping out the drivers because I liked the agressiveness of the 325's more than the bit bass heavier/less forward mids of the MS2's, and vice versa. The only reason we swapped the drivers and just didn't trade headphones was because I liked the MS2i cups (without the buttons) and he liked the 325is cups with the buttons, so I have 325is drivers with, with MS2i cups and I love them. You should really love the 325is from what you say you are looking for. The (G) cushions IMO take away from the fast/aggressiveness/intimacy that make the 325is what it is IMO, but many people do tend too use them, so its all a matter of preference. I've tried the (G's) with the 325's, and didn't care for them at all, but we all hear differently. Good luck and enjoy!!!

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #12,437 of 65,523
  I also owned the MS2i and my friend owned the SR325is (purchased at the same time) and we wound up swapping out the drivers because I liked the agressiveness of the 325's more than the bit bass heavier/less forward mids of the MS2's, and vice versa. The only reason we swapped the drivers and just didn't trade headphones was because I liked the MS2i cups (without the buttons) and he liked the 325is cups with the buttons, so I have 325is drivers with, with MS2i cups and I love them. You should really love the 325is from what you say you are looking for. The (G) cushions IMO take away from the fast/aggressiveness/intimacy that make the 325is what it is IMO, but many people do tend too use them, so its all a matter of preference. I've tried the (G's) with the 325's, and didn't care for them at all, but we all hear differently. Good luck and enjoy!!!

This is also what I'm afraid of :wink: I still ordered a pair of G cushions though, but I doubt they'll replace my TTVJ flats.

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #12,438 of 65,523

How do you take the drivers put of the 325/MS2? Heat them up like the plastic headphones?

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #12,440 of 65,523
How do you take the drivers put of the 325/MS2? Heat them up like the plastic headphones?

Yes, I did it with a blow dryer, and being they are aluminum they heat up very quickly and I slowly pulled them apart, and them used a hot glue to re-install the drivers, worked excellent! Also the hot glue will heat up easily if I ever need to take them apart again for any reason.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #12,442 of 65,523
New headband from Turbulent labs for my PS500s. Was a little bit worried about installation but it only took a few minutes and didn't require any tools. Comfort is great and I think the tan leather looks great against the silver of the cups.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #12,443 of 65,523
New headband from Turbulent labs for my PS500s. Was a little bit worried about installation but it only took a few minutes and didn't require any tools. Comfort is great and I think the tan leather looks great against the silver of the cups.

the 225s I got from the classifieds came with a black one. I really like it and will eventually get one for all my grados.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #12,444 of 65,523

Nice! Those look great. I just got my PS500's in the mail, only to find out my ***** mixer's headphone jack is broken :/ but tomorrow my 1/4 to 1/8 adapter will come, then when my odac+amp comes that'll be even better, but luckily grados don't need amps. 

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #12,445 of 65,523
Ok that's what I thought. I'm finding the bass on the 325is I got to be a bit too much, they have been vented (4 holes), I'm thinking of sealing 1 or 2 of them.

This was the main reason I liked the 325is over the MS2i…the bass.
I think the 325is is just fine stock. I tried the vent mod with my first pair of 80i's (2) holes, and hated them, they lost their excitement IMO. So I tried to fill the holes with hot glue (stupid move), and it dripped onto the drivers, and that was the end of them! So I immediately bought another pair and put the Vibro Labs "classic" wood cups on them and (L) cushions, and they sound/look beautiful. 

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #12,446 of 65,523

awesome man. thanks. and the way i view it that if i don't like the 325is for some reason or they are just like my magnums, i can literally just sell em on hifi and get my money back!

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #12,447 of 65,523
  Nice! Those look great. I just got my PS500's in the mail, only to find out my ***** mixer's headphone jack is broken :/ but tomorrow my 1/4 to 1/8 adapter will come, then when my odac+amp comes that'll be even better, but luckily grados don't need amps. 

the 225s I got from the classifieds came with a black one. I really like it and will eventually get one for all my grados.

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty psyched with the way these turned out. Have fun with your odac & amp, Walczyk! 

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #12,448 of 65,523
OK... So I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Grado PS 500s... My intended use is for recording evaluation and using with my Yamaha CP 300 keyboard during evening sessions... I do have a Little Dot LD 1+ sitting on top of the CP 300 hooked to the unbalanced outputs(L+R)...

I hope they do it for me...

Any comments or suggestions?...

Little Dot:  Muses02 opamp... Voshkod tubes... Mogami interconnects...

PS: Anyone know how long the cable is on these?... I've been getting conflicting numbers on this...

PPS: Spending $600.00 for headphones makes me a little weak in the knees...

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #12,449 of 65,523
OK... So I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Grado PS 500s... My intended use is for recording evaluation and using with my Yamaha CP 300 keyboard during evening sessions... I do have a Little Dot LD 1+ sitting on top of the CP 300 hooked to the unbalanced outputs(L+R)...

I hope they do it for me...

Any comments or suggestions?...

Little Dot:  Muses02 opamp... Voshkod tubes... Mogami interconnects...

PS: Anyone know how long the cable is on these?... I've been getting conflicting numbers on this...

PPS: Spending $600.00 for headphones makes me a little weak in the knees...

what do you mean by "recording evaluation"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back