Grado Fan Club!
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #11,296 of 65,476
  the gs1000i has arrived, still cold from the ups truck, its in great shape, martin audio gimbals/rods, very , very comfortable

Uhhh I want some of his gimbals 
tongue_smile.gif

I fantasized about the GS1000i's for a week while I was bidding on some on the bay :p 

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #11,297 of 65,476
just some quick pics of the newest addition

and i've received word that my rs1i's made it to their destination today (swspiers) safe and sound

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #11,298 of 65,476
^ Great looking cans! ^

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #11,300 of 65,476

How do you like them in relation to the RS1i?

i haven't spent a great deal of time with them, but my initial reaction is, "the ps500 and the rs1i , had a child, and it grew up to be a gs1000i"
they have that bass, mid-bass signature, hump/bump of the 500, without being muddy, to my ears anyway..
i think the rs1i is maybe more evenly balanced,
the soundstage thrown by the gs is much bigger
more listening to do, more impressions to come !

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #11,301 of 65,476

i haven't spent a great deal of time with them, but my initial reaction is, "the ps500 and the rs1i , had a child, and it grew up to be a gs1000i"
they have that bass, mid-bass signature, hump/bump of the 500, without being muddy, to my ears anyway..
i think the rs1i is maybe more evenly balanced,
the soundstage thrown by the gs is much bigger
more listening to do, more impressions to come !

Looking forward to it for sure.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #11,302 of 65,476
I'm a recent fan of the Grado house sound, I'm even enjoying EDM with my SR80i, which may seem strange to some. 

Soon enough I want to replace them with SR325, all this having owned SR80i less than a week. 

Here's some appreciation for the Grado fan club. I made this up while eating bacon & eggs this morning here in Australia.

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #11,304 of 65,476
I'm a recent fan of the Grado house sound, I'm even enjoying EDM with my SR80i, which may seem strange to some. 

Soon enough I want to replace them with SR325, all this having owned SR80i less than a week. 

Here's some appreciation for the Grado fan club. I made this up while eating bacon & eggs this morning here in Australia.

I like EDM with my SR60s!

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #11,305 of 65,476
  You are not alone! 

I like EDM with my SR60s!

Haha, I think they're pretty cool indeed. SR80i cost about $159 Aud here in Australia from Addicted to Audio, I picked this pair up on eBay for $90 Aud in as new condition. I was speaking to the seller via eBay msgs, he was experiencing  sellers remorse the day he was to post them, only he gave in because he needs something with more isolation for train rides. And I agree throw some metal, rock or acoustic tracks at them and they really shine. I still enjoy them with most genre's from pop to EDM. 

beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #11,307 of 65,476
Sorry for being a noob.

Can anyone tell me what to expect moving from SR80i to SR325? Will I be moving forward with the same bright signature SR80i provides? Someone convince me to upgrade please. Possibly some members who have heard both?

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #11,308 of 65,476
hello grado fans! I am planning to buy a Grado sr60i(it will be paired to my fiio e11). if ever I will buy this headphones,this will be my first audiophile headphones. Will you recommmend this headphones(I listen to rock,alt rock and some other genres)? I see a lot of good feedback about this Headphones,they look very good and seem to be very cool. one thing is it is on ear. how is the comfort? haha okay. sorry for all the questions. so these are my questions: Is Grado sr60i a good "first audiophile headphones" cans? ; How is the comfort? ; How is the sound when it is paired with a fiio e11?. thanks peeps

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #11,309 of 65,476
I have pink driver sr60, so it could be a little different, but I like them very much. I think for that money I've bought them they are excellent. I've bought L-cushes too, for me they are a bit more comfortable (i have small ears). They "rocks" for rock. I don't think you would hear much difference with or without amp.
I compared they with Senn HD700/650/600/598 and though they are not so detailed, I like them more. They are much more musical that those 4.

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #11,310 of 65,476
Sorry for being a noob.

Can anyone tell me what to expect moving from SR80i to SR325? Will I be moving forward with the same bright signature SR80i provides? Someone convince me to upgrade please. Possibly some members who have heard both?

325 has better bass , more detail.....some call it very bright, I did not find that to be the case with mine.

Better build quality.....L cushion, leather headband.

I definitely call it a better headphone, however some like the SR80 better.

It is tuff to say if it is worth the difference in price, as the SR80 is one of the best bang for your buck headphones that you can purchase, imo.

The higher you go up in the chain, you get less bang for your buck, but the sound is better, just not by leaps and bounds.....that being said, I just loved my 325i....a very detailed, in your face headphone.....fantastic cans for my genre, which is basically rock, blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back