Grado Fan Club!
Jan 17, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #11,491 of 65,549
Would getting Bowl pads for my 60i's be a good thing? And if so, which ones should i go for? The only ones in amazon are the L cushions made by Ear Zonk. For $9.99. But i think they look a bit different than other bowls I've seen.

Thanks for any help.

IMO, using the (L) cushions on the 60i's would be a real nice improvement over the (S) or quarter modded (S) cushions, I personally didn't like the (G's) on my 80i's/325is's.
I also noticed that Amazon only has the Ear Zonk cushions (which I never tried), but I wouldn't use a knock off. You can get the (L) cushions from Cruthfield.

So I just bit the bullet and bought me some GS1000's.....I am very excited to hear these!! I am pretty sure I am going to like them, but everyone is so divided on these headphones.

Congratulations, can't wait to hear some comparisons to the RS's.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #11,492 of 65,549
i had previously referred to not liking the g-cushes on the rs1i, today, i was thinking back as i was going between the gs and rs,
and i got to thinking, that i might have been mistaken, sure enough, after popping the g's on the rs1, that i was indeed mistaken.
the g's sound pretty good, further listening to be done !

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #11,494 of 65,549
No work tomorrow...wifey gone....I see a long night of listening pleasure
biggrin.gif

Just me.......RS1i....MAD EAR....Foobar & six pack of George Killian Irish Red

I have bought a lot of music this week...a couple remastered Dire Straits cd's...Steve Miller Band......Billy Squire and a Joe Bonamessa 2 cd set that I bought this morning online, but I won't get to listen to it until next week....I am stoked to hear it, can't wait.

Tonights playlist

Dire Straits - On Every Street...Remastered

The Kinks - One For The Road

Robert Plant - Principle Of Moments

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - The Place You're In

ZZ Top - Deguello

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #11,495 of 65,549
I like the Red.  Happy Listening!

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #11,496 of 65,549
here's the MAD Ear, all tubes sylvania, i got some others in the deal, i may do some rolling tomorrow
it really sounds great, the rs1i, the gs1000i, i would imagine it would sound great with any grado

what was really surprising, was how well the lyr compared to the MAD, it wasn't the slam dunk i thought it would be,

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #11,497 of 65,549
Nice jay! I'm still enjoying they lyr u basically gave me lol

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #11,498 of 65,549
  i had previously referred to not liking the g-cushes on the rs1i, today, i was thinking back as i was going between the gs and rs,
and i got to thinking, that i might have been mistaken, sure enough, after popping the g's on the rs1, that i was indeed mistaken.
the g's sound pretty good, further listening to be done !

Liking the (G's) on the RS1i's this time around may be because of the MAD!
Have you done any comparisons for differences, (not which is better) between the RS's/GS's? 

Also just picked up my new set of Sylvania 6SN7 WGT's this morning from the seller, being one of the tubes was buzzing through the driver, letting my equipment warm up, then going into my own world for a few hours!

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #11,499 of 65,549
  Nice jay! I'm still enjoying they lyr u basically gave me lol

hey, i really just passed along the deal that was given to me, glad to do it !

what was even a bigger surprise to the sound of the MAD, was how close to the MAD the lyr is, i had just gotten a pair of telefunkens ecc88's AWESOME

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #11,500 of 65,549
  hey, i really just passed along the deal that was given to me, glad to do it !

what was even a bigger surprise to the sound of the MAD, was how close to the MAD the lyr is, i had just gotten a pair of telefunkens ecc88's AWESOME

Whats even more suprising is how close I've gotten my modded LD1+ to the lyr lol Currently its running a Rayethon 6CG7!

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #11,501 of 65,549
  Liking the (G's) on the RS1i's this time around may be because of the MAD!
Have you done any comparisons for differences, (not which is better) between the RS's/GS's? 

Also just picked up my new set of Sylvania 6SN7 WGT's this morning from the seller, being one of the tubes was buzzing through the driver, letting my equipment warm up, then going into my own world for a few hours!

just getting started with comparing, they are different, but can't give too many details yet, haven't got a handle on either with the MAD yet, i'll be sharing as we go along,
i'm not one for taking notes, doing "comparisions" or reviews, just my thoughts, feelings on the fly as they develop , stay tuned !

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #11,502 of 65,549
  here's the MAD Ear, all tubes sylvania, i got some others in the deal, i may do some rolling tomorrow
it really sounds great, the rs1i, the gs1000i, i would imagine it would sound great with any grado

what was really surprising, was how well the lyr compared to the MAD, it wasn't the slam dunk i thought it would be,

I was going to say if you decide to keep the Lyr.....Ill take first dibs on the MAD EAR.....did not know you got rid of the Lyr.

Never can have too many MAD EARS
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #11,503 of 65,549

I was going to say if you decide to keep the Lyr.....Ill take first dibs on the MAD EAR.....did not know you got rid of the Lyr.

tongue.gif

That's his second lyr lol

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #11,504 of 65,549

tongue.gif

the lyr went back to the mattTCG, i got it from him, he regretted selling , he and i have done several deals , great guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back