Grado Fan Club!
Jan 2, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #11,281 of 65,548
On the prowl for an RS1i....if anyone spots one new or used and wouldn't mind tipping me off

I'm in Canada so I can't order from the USA new (grado won't ship outside US), and the Canadian prices are double so not gonna go there

Thanks grado fans!

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #11,283 of 65,548
On the prowl for an RS1i....if anyone spots one new or used and wouldn't mind tipping me off

I'm in Canada so I can't order from the USA new (grado won't ship outside US), and the Canadian prices are double so not gonna go there

Thanks grado fans!

Check canuckaudiomart.com I see RS1s for sale there fairly regularly.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #11,284 of 65,548
Check canuckaudiomart.com I see RS1s for sale there fairly regularly.

that's one site i check all the time

problem is most of them paid canadian retail and want $600+ for used RS1's when i can get new USD cans for $750

just keeping options open, i have a US address i can ship to but if i can save some $$$ in the process then so much the better :)

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #11,285 of 65,548

Thanks grado fans!

There is a pair on Canuck Audio Mart today for $495... might be worth a look.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #11,287 of 65,548
The gs1000i is scheduled to arrive tomorrow ! Can't wait!

and i just found out from Frank at Woo, the wa6 can be ordered with pre-outs , lord help me ! lol
biggrin.gif

Nice, I was wondering why mine didn't have pre-outs, I didn't realize it was an option, good for you. I can't wait for you to get the GS1000 either!

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #11,288 of 65,548
Can't wait to read your impressions about them, because in my opinion, the GS1000i are very underrated.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #11,289 of 65,548
The gs1000i is scheduled to arrive tomorrow ! Can't wait!

and i just found out from Frank at Woo, the wa6 can be ordered with pre-outs , lord help me ! lol
biggrin.gif

enjoy!

and what are pre-outs exactly?

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #11,290 of 65,548

enjoy!

and what are pre-outs exactly?

pre amplifier outputs, allows the headphone amp to control an amplifier, or on my case, powered speakers

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #11,291 of 65,548

pre amplifier outputs, allows the headphone amp to control an amplifier, or on my case, powered speakers

There are a number of ways that the output from a headphone amp work:

1. Some are just line out pass through so one can put the headphone amp in the chain if one's amp/pre-amp doesn't have a tape out. In this case the volume control on the Woo will not impact sound. This function allows one to stick a headphone amp between the source and speaker amp without impacting speaker amp SQ.
2. Some are passive pre-amp (MAD are like this) where the signal is attenuated by the Woo's volume control but their is no added pre-amplification. You hear exactly what the source produces, but you can adjust volume. This function is ideal for powered speakers.
3. A true pre-amp will amplify the signal from the source and send a stronger signal to the amp than if the source is attached to the amp directly. Decware CSP driving the Taboo is an example of a true pre-amp that impacts the SQ rather than just allowing volume control function. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #11,292 of 65,548

There are a number of ways that the output from a headphone amp work:

1. Some are just line out pass through so one can put the headphone amp in the chain if one's amp/pre-amp doesn't have a tape out. In this case the volume control on the Woo will not impact sound. This function allows one to stick a headphone amp between the source and speaker amp without impacting speaker amp SQ.
2. Some are passive pre-amp (MAD are like this) where the signal is attenuated by the Woo's volume control but their is no added pre-amplification. You hear exactly what the source produces, but you can adjust volume. This function is ideal for powered speakers.
3. A true pre-amp will amplify the signal from the source and send a stronger signal to the amp than if the source is attached to the amp directly. Decware CSP driving the Taboo is an example of a true pre-amp that impacts the SQ rather than just allowing volume control function. 

i got through school using cliff notes !
much more thoroughly explained, thanks !   
biggrin.gif

crib, cliff, i can't remember how i got through school !!

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #11,294 of 65,548
the gs1000i has arrived, still cold from the ups truck, its in great shape, martin audio gimbals/rods, very , very comfortable

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #11,295 of 65,548
Nice, congratulations, can't wait to hear your impressions on them, as I mentioned, I'm a bit curious to as they sound. Also if you get the time maybe some pic's? I didn't know they had work done by Martin Audio, they must look great! Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back