Grado Fan Club!
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #40,711 of 65,532
If anyone is looking for a flash back, there is a set of GS1000i's for sale on Canuck Audio Mart. The price is $350.00 in Canuck bucks.

Shane D

Really enjoying my GS1000i. I have had them for about a month now. I have a Schitt Vali 2 on order...looking forward to using this amp with them. Currently using Modi / Loki / Magni 3+.

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #40,712 of 65,532
Really enjoying my GS1000i. I have had them for about a month now. I have a Schitt Vali 2 on order...looking forward to using this amp with them. Currently using Modi / Loki / Magni 3+.

I am curious about them and the guy is only about an hour from me (which NEVER happens to me). However I have bought a set of headphones, traded for a set of headphones and ordered yet another amp in the last few weeks.

I have to tap out for now.:astonished:

Shane D

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #40,714 of 65,532
@Shane D
I see in your signature that you have a Vali 2. How do you like it paired with your GH2?

It's not bad, but keep in mind the Vali 2 is not at all tubey. And I have three different tubes. My LCX sounds "tubier".

I actually ordered a used XDuoo TA-20. I am going to compare it to the Vali 2 (which I also bought used) and see which is "tubier". Of course the TA-20 has more power and is balanced.

Shane D

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #40,717 of 65,532
That was fast! Cheapest pair of woodies I have ever seen.

Shane D

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #40,719 of 65,532
somehow i got the feeling the seller is @BobG55

Wow, a regular Sherlock Hemlock. Well done. Now to answer the proverbial question everyone is dying to find out I’m sure : why so cheap ? I bought them over a year ago for $500.00 CDN & I didn’t listen to them that much any more. I needed some cash to pay for two very rare and hard to find CD/ albums sold at a high cost in American currency. I don’t like being in debt so I figured I’d sell them quickly at a good price and have some cash left over for more music. I listen to CDs and have been buying a lot of blues albums during the past year. Some of them are hard find and cost more than the average CD. The buyer sent the money EMT = no PP fees and the money is sitting in my bank account as of this morning. I could have sold them at a higher price but then I could also have waited a few weeks before they sold & I didn’t want to wait. Then there’s the potential buyer who wants to barter or bargain and I’m not always in the mood for that sort of thing. I look at it this way : it’s like I rented them for more than a year for $150.00.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #40,720 of 65,532
Wow, a regular Sherlock Hemlock. Well done. Now to answer the proverbial question everyone is dying to find out I’m sure : why so cheap ? I bought them over a year ago for $500.00 CDN & I didn’t listen to them that much any more. I needed some cash to pay for two very rare and hard to find CD/ albums sold at a high cost in American currency. I don’t like being in debt so I figured I’d sell them quickly at a good price and have some cash left over for more music. I listen to CDs and have been buying a lot of blues albums during the past year. Some of them are hard find and cost more than the average CD. The buyer sent the money EMT = no PP fees and the money is sitting in my bank account as of this morning.

I had no idea that you were so close to me. Not many of us around these parts.

Shane D

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #40,721 of 65,532
I had no idea that you were so close to me. Not many of us around these parts.

Shane D

We talked about that a couple of years ago, in another thread or you might have sent me a message, I’ll have to check. Yeah, you live in “the city” as they say in these parts. I moved here to Milton, NS eight years ago this coming March, from Ottawa after retiring. Milton is a very small village not far from the ocean. Paradise.

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #40,722 of 65,532
We talked about that a couple of years ago, in another thread or you might have sent me a message, I’ll have to check. Yeah, you live in “the city” as they say in these parts. I moved here to Milton, NS eight years ago this coming March, from Ottawa after retiring. Milton is a very small village not far from the ocean. Paradise.

I wondered about that as I was typing.

Any other amazing gear you want to sell dirt cheap? I could drive down for pick-up. :ksc75smile:

Shane D

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #40,724 of 65,532
Not for now Shane. What I have left is pretty much keepsake.

What other headphones do you have? And how would you describe the GS1000i compared to them? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks.

Shane D

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #40,725 of 65,532
Wow, a regular Sherlock Hemlock. Well done. Now to answer the proverbial question everyone is dying to find out I’m sure : why so cheap ? I bought them over a year ago for $500.00 CDN & I didn’t listen to them that much any more. I needed some cash to pay for two very rare and hard to find CD/ albums sold at a high cost in American currency. I don’t like being in debt so I figured I’d sell them quickly at a good price and have some cash left over for more music. I listen to CDs and have been buying a lot of blues albums during the past year. Some of them are hard find and cost more than the average CD. The buyer sent the money EMT = no PP fees and the money is sitting in my bank account as of this morning. I could have sold them at a higher price but then I could also have waited a few weeks before selling. Then there’s the potential buyer who wants to barter or bargain and I’m not always in the mood for that sort of thing. I look at it this way : it’s like I rented them for more than a year for $150.00.

traitor!!! hahaha
wow for couple of albums, a real music lover. salute! i don't think i can follow your way, headphone for few albums. man i'm such a hoarder :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back