Grado Fan Club!
Mar 27, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #39,391 of 65,471
I believe Rich runs Grado's online store 4OurEars. Did you buy the headphone through them?

If not, perhaps you should contact Grado directly.

Good luck!

Any service questions should be addressed by emailing: Teri@GradoLabs.com, calling or through the Grado Labs website.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #39,393 of 65,471
Mar 27, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #39,396 of 65,471
6DAA3B51-4592-4796-9BB6-6FF9E3C0FFAE.jpeg
Good deals, can’t wait to hear your impressions :)

The Grado GH2 has arrived and I tested it with great expectations.
My SR325e and the GH2 are the test candidates. First of all, I notice the complete lightness of the GH2. The 325e is a bit heavier. I hardly feel the GH2 even after a long wearing period. Very pleasant.
Now I took my hi-res-player FiiO 2 II with different test songs from different music styles (jazz, classical, blues, pop, rock, ...) in different formats (FLAC, WAV, MP3, ...) and taken alternately both headphones. At the beginning, I had problems with the sound of real differences between the two. But then there were some passages from certain songs where I heard a finer vote with the GH2. Especially with jazz / blues, where guitars were in use, I heard the plucking of the instruments already. I did not hear that in the 325e. By and large, I can say, yes, the GH2 is a bit finer in tuning, hearing more detail, not banging the basses as hard as the 325e. However, if you see the price difference, I think it is too big. So much worse is the 325e not. You have to listen carefully!
You need to listen attentively to detect differences. I think if you do not compare them quickly, you will not notice a difference. If you only have the 325e you will be happy with him. If you only have the GH2 you will be happy with him. Only you know that the GH2 is a little bit better…:)...but I missed the “WOW-effect” a little bit.
Now I'm still waiting for the PS1000, which should also arrive this week.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #39,397 of 65,471

My SR325e and the GH2 are the test candidates. First of all, I notice the complete lightness of the GH2. The 325e is a bit heavier. I hardly feel the GH2 even after a long wearing period. Very pleasant.
Now I took my hi-res-player FiiO 2 II with different test songs from different music styles (jazz, classical, blues, pop, rock, ...) in different formats (FLAC, WAV, MP3, ...) and taken alternately both headphones. At the beginning, I had problems with the sound of real differences between the two. But then there were some passages from certain songs where I heard a finer vote with the GH2. Especially with jazz / blues, where guitars were in use, I heard the plucking of the instruments already. I did not hear that in the 325e. By and large, I can say, yes, the GH2 is a bit finer in tuning, hearing more detail, not banging the basses as hard as the 325e. However, if you see the price difference, I think it is too big. So much worse is the 325e not. You have to listen carefully!
You need to listen attentively to detect differences. I think if you do not compare them quickly, you will not notice a difference. If you only have the 325e you will be happy with him. If you only have the GH2 you will be happy with him. Only you know that the GH2 is a little bit better…:)

I realize that everybody hears differently, but my experience was much different. I found the GH2 kept all of the goodness of the 325 but added more detail and was not as bright. It was more than double the price, but well worth it to me.

Now I am even more curious to hear your feelings on the PS model.

Shane D

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #39,398 of 65,471

You need to listen attentively to detect differences. I think if you do not compare them quickly, you will not notice a difference. If you only have the 325e you will be happy with him. If you only have the GH2 you will be happy with him. Only you know that the GH2 is a little bit better…:)...but I missed the “WOW-effect” a little bit.

My first intro into head-fi was a pair of Grado Sr-325. More than 15 years later, I still own a pair. These are an incredible value for the price and they have a grado "fun" factor that is just hard to beat, even by higher end models that are technically better.

That's where the PS1000 really shines for me. The fun factor is still very present, like with the 325s, but the level of detail/clarity is much greater. Treble is more refined but still edgy like the 325s, mids and bass are a lot more organic and just sound better with the same presentation.

I'm curious to know what you think of them.

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #39,399 of 65,471
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I will try Grado Labs customer service. I'll update with what I hear from them.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #39,400 of 65,471
I realize that everybody hears differently, but my experience was much different. I found the GH2 kept all of the goodness of the 325 but added more detail and was not as bright. It was more than double the price, but well worth it to me.

Now I am even more curious to hear your feelings on the PS model.

Shane D

Hi Shane D,

Maybe I describe the GH2 a little bit to negative. I agree with you, that the GH2 added more detail (but not in all songs) than the 325e but not so hard and not so much bass like him, which I find more pleasant.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #39,402 of 65,471
Hi Shane D,

Maybe I describe the GH2 a little bit to negative. I agree with you, that the GH2 added more detail (but not in all songs) than the 325e but not so hard and not so much bass like him, which I find more pleasant.

I really don't find any Grado's have great bass. I EQ from my DAP and it sounds pretty good. Through my new amp, it sounds awesome. It sounds so full and rich to me now. Of course everybody hears differently and I am sure that there are dozens and dozens of amps people prefer with their Grado's. For the longest time I always believed that Grado's didn't need an amp since they are so easy to drive and I don't listen very loud. I was SO wrong on that. It is not about power, it is about sound.

Looking foward to your take on the PS1000. I tried the PS500e and it didn't work for me at all. I probably already mentioned this, but a local shop had their demo set on sale for the same price that I paid for my SR325e's. To me it was a smoother SR325e with all the fun sucked out.
Of course you can take that impression with a grain of salt since at the same time I fell deeply in love with, and bought, the NightOwl Carbons at half price. A month later I hated them so much I sold them.:yum:

That is why I normally wait several months to really decide whether to keep a set or not.

Shane D

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #39,403 of 65,471
I really don't find any Grado's have great bass. I EQ from my DAP and it sounds pretty good. Through my new amp, it sounds awesome. It sounds so full and rich to me now. Of course everybody hears differently and I am sure that there are dozens and dozens of amps people prefer with their Grado's. For the longest time I always believed that Grado's didn't need an amp since they are so easy to drive and I don't listen very loud. I was SO wrong on that. It is not about power, it is about sound.

Looking foward to your take on the PS1000. I tried the PS500e and it didn't work for me at all. I probably already mentioned this, but a local shop had their demo set on sale for the same price that I paid for my SR325e's. To me it was a smoother SR325e with all the fun sucked out.
Of course you can take that impression with a grain of salt since at the same time I fell deeply in love with, and bought, the NightOwl Carbons at half price. A month later I hated them so much I sold them.:yum:

That is why I normally wait several months to really decide whether to keep a set or not.

Shane D
I have also a the NightOwl Carbons...and I loved him also, but since I heard both Grados...the Audioquest isn’t so good as before. The sound of the Grados are much better, clearer and makes more fun than the NightOwl, but I need closed headphones because my wife is watching TV every evening and I can’t listen to the Grados this time:confused::smile_phones::thinking:

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #39,404 of 65,471
I have also a the NightOwl Carbons...and I loved him also, but since I heard both Grados...the Audioquest isn’t so good as before. The sound of the Grados are much better, clearer and makes more fun than the NightOwl, but I need closed headphones because my wife is watching TV every evening and I can’t listen to the Grados this time:confused::smile_phones::thinking:

I hear you on that! That is why I have have my Beyer T5p.2's. Or the Meze 99 Classic's. Grado's are the opposite of practical. They are for the Lazy Boy when no one is around.:L3000:

Shane D

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #39,405 of 65,471

Shane D
I agree that the Grado’s improve with a proper amp. Normally I use a Graham Slee Solo Ultra Diamond Edition and it works beautifully with Grados. However, just (re)discovered how well my beloved GH2s goes very well also with my NW-zx2. But as you say things are changing with time, mood and music. Whatever that makes us is a bless. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back