Grado Fan Club!
Aug 23, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #38,537 of 65,543
Anyone have experience with the Aune X7S and Grados? Preferably the RS2e and PS500e. Looking for a nice class A solid state or tube hybrid and this looks promising. I currently have a Grado RA1 and Little Dot 1+. Love both!

Aug 23, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #38,538 of 65,543
I do indeed like opeth. Which grado would you recommend?

I like the GH2 for metal, especially prog and deathcore. It's got enough punch on the bottom end to not sound hollow, and in fact digs quite deep with good impact with any synth bass, drum blasts, and bass guitar, while still maintaining nice clear vocals, focused strings, and cymbal hits.

BTW, what's your favorite Opeth album? I only have Ghost Reveries, which I like. I'd like to try some of their other stuff.

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #38,539 of 65,543
I like the GH2 for metal, especially prog and deathcore. It's got enough punch on the bottom end to not sound hollow, and in fact digs quite deep with good impact with any synth bass, drum blasts, and bass guitar, while still maintaining nice clear vocals, focused strings, and cymbal hits.

BTW, what's your favorite Opeth album? I only have Ghost Reveries, which I like. I'd like to try some of their other stuff.
Hi. Thanks I’ll read up on gh2. You have to listen to still life and black water park. The newer stuff is far more prog but still awesome

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #38,540 of 65,543
I have the gh2 and rs2e and they were both fine with metal, but i liked the gh2 more for the genre based on similar reasons already outlined (slightly more bass, slightly smoother treble).

Metal tends to be very "scooped" sounding, and when i listened to Dream Theaters Awake on a GS1000i, i couldnt think of a worse pairing. If youre listening to something more raw sounding like neurosis, than itll sound fine. But most metal doesnt sound like that

Aug 23, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #38,541 of 65,543
371F2D08-0E66-4A06-96AA-7D74DB63CC6E.jpeg
In comparing my various Grados (see picture), I find the RS2e to be superb and intermediate in price to the SR60 and the PS2000, as requested.

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #38,543 of 65,543
In comparing my various Grados (see picture), I find the RS2e to be superb and intermediate in price to the SR60 and the PS2000, as requested.
Why so many phones of same brand?
In my case, I need set of compliments with different brands to cover my listening needs.
Why so serious?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #38,544 of 65,543
In my case, I need set of compliments with different brands to cover my listening needs.
Why so serious?

I, for one, like it that some are focused on a single brand to give us some comparisons in the lines. But I also have a variety of brands and models to use for different occasions and different kinds of music.

BTW, I just upgraded my SR60’s by adding L-cushions. First trial run tells me that it’s a great upgrade to the sound.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #38,545 of 65,543
Why so serious?

I'm sure he can answer for himself, but just a quick glance at his profile (and having read him mention before), reveals he definitely has a lot more than just Grado's. He just particularly also happens to really like Grado headphones. :)

Aug 26, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #38,546 of 65,543
I, for one, like it that some are focused on a single brand to give us some comparisons in the lines. But I also have a variety of brands and models to use for different occasions and different kinds of music.

BTW, I just upgraded my SR60’s by adding L-cushions. First trial run tells me that it’s a great upgrade to the sound.
All S-cush Grado are conpatible with Ls and vice versa. G cushs in my experiences are a different storry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back