Grado Fan Club!
Jul 21, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #38,431 of 65,536
Trying the GS2000e with the Woo Audio WA11 Passport and it sounds pretty good. Some amps lack bass but with this one the sound is full, similar to the iFi iDSD micro BL but this one has a better volume control and is balanced even at low volume.

First I've heard of the WA11 Passport....hasn't officially been released yet....does look good! Wonder how it compares
in sq to say Hugo 2.

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #38,434 of 65,536
What are the comfort differences between the 80e and 225e? does the weight play into it much? I noticed the cups are different. Around ear? The only other headphone ive tried like that was the m50x which i found uncomfortable.

They are the same can design-wise except for the metal grills, heavier cable and L-Cush pads on the SR225. L-Cush are not for the faint of ear. Takes a specific level of masochism to wear them for extended periods. I'm used to them after years of using them.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #38,435 of 65,536
They are the same can design-wise except for the metal grills, heavier cable and L-Cush pads on the SR225. L-Cush are not for the faint of ear. Takes a specific level of masochism to wear them for extended periods. I'm used to them after years of using them.
comments like this scare me lol . i think because i have nlo way of testing before purchase. what would you reccommend as a comfier alternative in the same price and performance?

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #38,436 of 65,536
comments like this scare me lol . i think because i have nlo way of testing before purchase. what would you reccommend as a comfier alternative in the same price and performance?

I'm pretty married to the Grado design. I don't listen to stock Grados at all anymore, but my everyday builds use Grado pads....either L-Cush or the old TTVJ flats. The only other headphone I thought I might be able to commit to was a pair of Sennheiser HD600. The sound signature was good, and they were comfy. They aren't convenient for size though, and need a decent source to drive them...

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #38,438 of 65,536
I'm pretty married to the Grado design. I don't listen to stock Grados at all anymore, but my everyday builds use Grado pads....either L-Cush or the old TTVJ flats. The only other headphone I thought I might be able to commit to was a pair of Sennheiser HD600. The sound signature was good, and they were comfy. They aren't convenient for size though, and need a decent source to drive them...
Thanks, I've been doing a bunch of reading and Grado seems like it be great for the genres i wanna use for. Worried about having to send them back if i dont like the comfort.

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #38,439 of 65,536
Thanks, I've been doing a bunch of reading and Grado seems like it be great for the genres i wanna use for. Worried about having to send them back if i dont like the comfort.
If you reduce the clamping force of the headband they become much more comfortable. I had issues with my ears hurting after a couple of hours until I reduced the clamping force by carefully bending the headband. As the design is extremely open you don’t need them to be pressing hard against your ears to have good sound.

Jul 23, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #38,440 of 65,536
@joseph69
what happen with your stax system? why did you decide to sell them?

Jul 23, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #38,442 of 65,536
As the design is extremely open you don’t need them to be pressing hard against your ears to have good sound.
Exactly.
Just let them hang on your head with the least clamping force possible before falling off your head, of course.

@joseph69
what happen with your stax system? why did you decide to sell them?
Nothing really, I put them up F/S because I decided to move onto another journey with the Utopia (which I bashed like a red headed stepchild more than a few times) and the WA33 SE. I've enjoyed my Stax system very much with no regrets, but I just feel like something different for a change. If they sell, they sell. If not, I'll be just as glad to keep them.

My problem is that I'm not a collector (as you already know) and I don't like to have too much, especially if I'm not using it enough. I haven't even put 50hrs on my PS2Ke yet, and it's been months since I've listened to any of my other headphones besides my Stax & Utopia. I've mainly been listening to the Utopia since I bought them, so I'm actually trying to live with less. Having already heard the WA33 SE (in home) with the Utopia would allow me to do this.

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #38,445 of 65,536
Nothing really, I put them up F/S because I decided to move onto another journey with the Utopia (which I bashed like a red headed stepchild more than a few times) and the WA33 SE. I've enjoyed my Stax system very much with no regrets, but I just feel like something different for a change. If they sell, they sell. If not, I'll be just as glad to keep them.

My problem is that I'm not a collector (as you already know) and I don't like to have too much, especially if I'm not using it enough. I haven't even put 50hrs on my PS2Ke yet, and it's been months since I've listened to any of my other headphones besides my Stax & Utopia. I've mainly been listening to the Utopia since I bought them, so I'm actually trying to live with less. Having already heard the WA33 SE (in home) with the Utopia would allow me to do this.

i see, hahaha yea i remember you bashed that utopia quite few times, in the end it stole your heart :D
enjoy the journey then! good luck for the sales too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back