Grado Fan Club!
May 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #31,816 of 65,528
  First listen of these sweet Alessandro Ms2i cans (I love the metal look, gorgeous!) I just picked up from @jaywillin for a nice price.... loving them so far!  I was jonesing for the Grado sound after giving away my SR80e's (first Grados except for eGrado which I still have/love) to a friend who needed good headphones.

Beautiful Headphones and practically brand new....enjoy.

May 3, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #31,817 of 65,528
congrats @ruthieandjohn
! Great thing you're doing by supporting your local Hifi store. Man I sure wish I had one close by too!  

I'd be interested on your take of the Hifiman HE6 vs Grados, especially the PS1000! The He6 has recently stirred my interest so I think that might be my next purchase. I have to say though, the only other Hifiman headphone I've ever owned was the He500 and I was not terribly impressed by it so I think that's what has kept me off of the He6 for so long. Boy they sho' is ugly! :D

I will do one of my more formal comparisons of the HE-6 to the HE1000 and something else (maybe the PS1000!) but for now:

• HE-6 is VERY similar to the HE1000, but a bit brighter and "faster" with impacts such as snare drum;
  • PS1000 is more transparent and brighter than the HE1000, but HE1000 has greater soundstage and more sub bass.
  • Here is a chart comparing the HE1000 to the PS1000 (and Sennheiser HD 800)
thanks John. So would you say the he6 is more transparent than the he1000?
Actually what the heck I'm I talking about I've never even heard the he1000 but I've heard the edition x...
It Had some nice things about them, but I really missed the liveliness and transparency of something likes grados, I'm hoping the he6 bridges the gap between the two sounds...

May 3, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #31,818 of 65,528
  these are the last of the "i" series purchased NOS from alessandro 
grado actually moved to the small box just before the "e" series came out
they are genuine  ms2i, no red driver, 1/4" jack , sound great, miss them already 

I was surprised that you let them go being you were able to buy them NOS.
The MS2i is a real nice sounding HP.

May 3, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #31,819 of 65,528

So I noted that @jaywillin also referred to them as "NOS" and now that it has been repeated a few times I have to know what the heck this even means because I have no clue but I want to know what's so cool about my new (to me) "NOS" Ms2i..... :D

May 3, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #31,820 of 65,528

So I noted that @jaywillin also referred to them as "NOS" and now that it has been repeated a few times I have to know what the heck this even means because I have no clue but I want to know what's so cool about my new (to me) "NOS" Ms2i..... :D

New Old Stock

when something has been laying around at a manufacturer even though they stopped making them for a certain amount of time, so that they're completely new, even though they're old.

May 3, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #31,821 of 65,528

NOS means Never On Sale from an authorized dealer due to defects. They are sold by unauthorized dealers from overseas. 
biggrin.gif

Totally kidding!

NOS-New Old Stock  
BNIB-Brand New In Box

May 3, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #31,822 of 65,528

So I noted that @jaywillin
 also referred to them as "NOS" and now that it has been repeated a few times I have to know what the heck this even means because I have no clue but I want to know what's so cool about my new (to me) "NOS" Ms2i..... :D

NOS means Never On Sale from an authorized dealer due to defects. They are sold by unauthorized dealers from overseas. :D

Totally kidding!

NOS-New Old Stock  
BNIB-Brand New In Box

Non-oversampling if it's a DAC though...

May 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #31,823 of 65,528

NOS means Never On Sale from an authorized dealer due to defects. They are sold by unauthorized dealers from overseas. 
biggrin.gif

Totally kidding!

NOS-New Old Stock  
BNIB-Brand New In Box

Never On Sale 
tongue.gif

May 3, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #31,824 of 65,528

yeah, i know, but the magnum and the rs2 are a good balance, the ms2i was the odd man out right now, but i wouldn't be surprised if i get another

May 3, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #31,826 of 65,528
  Hi guys, i already have some closed back Headphones (M50X) and im interested in some open back ones, and i read that the Grados are pretty good, but i have a question, whats the diference between another open back and grados ones, also, i really want to get something around the 100-150 $, i really need info about Grado brand, series, models, etc, and what will be the major diference between grados and my M50X, thanks

Grados are wonderfully comfortable - after the calluses and scar tissue is fully formed!  :)  I'm only kind of kidding really...your ears do adjust to the pads, you just have to tough it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back