Grado dealers in New-York
Jun 17, 2004 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ikarus

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Since I live in Canada and Grados don't come here, I decided to go to them!

anybody can help me finding some good grado dealers in New-York?

I'm thinking of upgrading my HD497 (I love them, but I know that there's a lot better out there...unfortunately I'm only a poor student
frown.gif
)

Thank you!

Jun 18, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 10
Are you talking about New York City or some other part of the state? Let me know if you're interested in the western end of NY.

BTW, it's not that Grado doesn't "go into" Canada, it's just that American distribtors are only allowed to ship domestically. I imagine Grado has Canadian distributors.

Jun 18, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 10
Jun 18, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 10
Nope. Montreal, Québec...and I can't find any place that sells grado (everyone I talked to had the What look on their faces)

So maybe I could only have to go to Toronto...anyone ?

Jun 18, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 10
i would go with what chilysalsa said and get them at http://www.audioshop.on.ca/grado.htm as their prices include shipping.

I think it's weird though that you can't find them in Montreal as I purchased my SR225's locally here in Edmonton and they had the entire Grado lineup EXCEPT the SR225s and had to order them from their distributor which is located in Montreal.

You can email Grado directly and ask them if there are any dealers located in your city. That is how I found about 3 stores that carry grado headphones in Edmonton.

Jun 18, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikarus
Nope. Montreal, Québec...and I can't find any place that sells grado (everyone I talked to brought up the What look on their faces)

So maybe I could only have to go to Toronto...anyone ?

In montreal downtown there is Layton Audio that sell grado. It just in front of the Chapters bookstore on St-Catherine near Peel. Their price is a bit high but you can audition them.

Jun 18, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 10
Grados and Sennheisers are relatively easy to find around here (Toronto)... if you're looking for more exotic stuff, it's time to look up the Canadian distributors... e.g. Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Etymotics, etc.

There should definitely be a shop or two with Grados in Montreal if their distributor is located in the same city.

Good luck!

Jun 18, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #9 of 10
I'll check Layton audio tomorrow.

I just find it weird that everywhere i went (fillion, kebecson, etc..) people told me that nobody sells them here....anyway.

thank you!

EDIT: another question (I know it may be a little...no it IS off-topic): is there a big sound difference between the SR80 and the SR125 and if there is, could you explain me a bit the major differences please, I'm hesitating between those 2 and I'd like some advice (remember that I'm only a poor student on a budget and the maximum I'd like to pay is lower than the price of the SR125, but if they are really better sounding I might consider saving more money to buy them)
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back