Grado dealers in Manhattan
Oct 5, 2006 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zantafio

New Head-Fier
Joined
May 29, 2006
Posts
14
Likes
0
Hi,

I plan to travel to New-York (Manhattan) in November.

I would take this opportunity to buy a set of Grado SR-225 (big price difference between US and Europe...)

Could you let me know the names of a few shops selling these headphones in Manhattan ?

Thanks !
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 11

Naoko

New Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Posts
18
Likes
0
Probably a bit late, but did you know that Belgium is actually not on Grado's thou-shall-not-sell-to list and you can order them from Headroom?

Sorry, I've got no idea where you can buy them from there, I live in the UK.
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 11

zantafio

New Head-Fier
Joined
May 29, 2006
Posts
14
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naoko
Probably a bit late, but did you know that Belgium is actually not on Grado's thou-shall-not-sell-to list and you can order them from Headroom?

Sorry, I've got no idea where you can buy them from there, I live in the UK.



Thanks for the info..

I noticed that (on the headroom site) but was thinking it was more an omission than a reality
wink.gif


And also, when ordering outside the EEC, there is the Tax and all those duties you have to add to the initial price => can cost you a lot more than foreseen...

So, still looking for shops in Manhattan...
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 11

Naoko

New Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Posts
18
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by zantafio
Thanks for the info..

I noticed that (on the headroom site) but was thinking it was more an omission than a reality
wink.gif


And also, when ordering outside the EEC, there is the Tax and all those duties you have to add to the initial price => can cost you a lot more than foreseen...

So, still looking for shops in Manhattan...



Headroom were more than happy to sell to my friend in Antwerp, customs charged him just under €50.

You could try emailing Grado, anyway best of luck.
rs1smile.gif
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 11

DRSpeed85

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Posts
750
Likes
10
Stero exchange
http://www.stereoexchange.com/
This place is located very close to SOHO. Besides Grados they also have some AKGs, Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics. They let you audition them too.

Park Avenue Audio
http://www.parkavenueaudio.com/
This one is located in the more upscale area of Park Avenue. As such they have some impressively expensive speakers and amps. When I was there they only had the RS models but they were willing to bundle it with an RA-1.
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 11

DRSpeed85

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Posts
750
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo
I bought my SR-60 late march this year at Times Square's Virgin Mega Store.
That time they had SR-60, SR-125 and the SR-225 IIRC.



Wow they have Grados there? LOL I think it would be cool if it is printed "Made in New York" somewhere on the headphones. Two of my Japanese friends purchased SR-80s mainly because of this NY factor.
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 11

zantafio

New Head-Fier
Joined
May 29, 2006
Posts
14
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naoko
Headroom were more than happy to sell to my friend in Antwerp, customs charged him just under €50.

You could try emailing Grado, anyway best of luck.
rs1smile.gif



Customs charge what they want, and it is unpredictable
mad.gif


And I tried to email Grado, but received my mail back:
"Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@zeverly.mail.atl.earthlink.net>
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:.."

But thanks for your time
cool.gif
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #10 of 11

Blee'kr

New Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 26, 2006
Posts
6
Likes
0
I'll second the stereo exchange, bought my SR80s there a week or so ago, nice guys.

After you buy your headphones walk a block over to buy a sandwich at my daily stop, the Crosby Connection, some of the best sandwiches in the city for $6.
I recommend the Beautiful Proscuitti.
Ok, now i am hungry, going downstairs.
 
Oct 5, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 11

Romanee

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 20, 2004
Posts
3,278
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blee'kr
I'll second the stereo exchange, bought my SR80s there a week or so ago, nice guys.

After you buy your headphones walk a block over to buy a sandwich at my daily stop, the Crosby Connection, some of the best sandwiches in the city for $6.
I recommend the Beautiful Proscuitti.
Ok, now i am hungry, going downstairs.




Thanks! I'll try to take a long-enuf break for a healthy walk, a little Grado audition -- and a tempting "Prosciutti"!

(I used to have a friend who grew up on Crosby Street -- further downtown -- and I thought there were just industrial/commercial buildings there. Everywhere we walked people would call out "Hey Carmine!". Nice reminder.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top