grado case
Nov 4, 2008 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

timothy77

New Head-Fier
y'hello.

so im very pleased with my sr80s & would like to buy a case though to keep em safe at home and on the go.

online ive found several offerings from the uk. for example this: Grado Headphone Carry Case HiFi Headphones

is this an official grado product? are there any other cases offered stateside? what do you use as carry case for your grados?

looking forward to your input
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 10
Grado doesn't offer a case, as far as i know. I think most people go caseless (I did), which is arguably a mistake because the Grado headphones aren't the most rugged. The one you found seems to be the only one I can find too. Other than that, I would recommend maybe looking around for cases for other headphones, as there is not a huge variety of sizes of headphones.

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 10
i just ordered that case. i'll be able to tell you how it is when i go back home this weekend.

it's not an official grado case, but it should be good since it was made specifically for grado headphones.

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by phkd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado doesn't offer a case, as far as i know. I think most people go caseless (I did), which is arguably a mistake because the Grado headphones aren't the most rugged. The one you found seems to be the only one I can find too. Other than that, I would recommend maybe looking around for cases for other headphones, as there is not a huge variety of sizes of headphones.

Since im not able to check whether other cases would fit the grado's, i'll probably order the product (Grado Headphone Carry Case HiFi Headphones).

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just ordered that case. i'll be able to tell you how it is when i go back home this weekend.

it's not an official grado case, but it should be good since it was made specifically for grado headphones.

Did you by chance receive it yet? If so, how do you like it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's what some people use.

Thanks for the headsup. Sadly I dont have the foam of the original 'pizza box' anymore to put it in the office depot box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadRoom carries a line of headphone cases worth checking out. They're also a sponsor and worth supporting.

This (HeadRoom HeadCase Headphone Bag @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears) looks very nice. Uff, now I have to decide
smile.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 10
I got it last week, was under the impression they where official, but I guess I was wrong but the box also states Grado and I've not seen any other brand. SR325i's fit right in so they do what the say they do
tongue.gif
. The molded form seems just a little too small though and makes some 'dents' in the foam cups, just like glasses would, and there is not really an easy way to store your cable without some weird bending. It's just too crowded in there. For portability I might use them, but home storage is still in the pizzabox (scissor-modded to let the cables right out
tongue.gif
)
edit: some pics

gradobox5.jpg
gradobox3.jpg
gradobox4.jpg
gradobox2.jpg
gradobox1.jpg

all in all I was a little disappointed, if they'd been just 1cm bigger (maybe 2) and better molded they would be a winner.

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 10
I jst received my "Grado" case today, and I have to agree with Paaj its not really that great, especially for the money I paid (£18). Its not quite spacious enough, my SR80s just fit but its a little too tight, and theres nowhere for the cables to go (you just have to shove them in), really poor design. I was also expecting the case to be a little harder, the casing is rather flexible. Compared to the carry case that came free with my Shures, this falls very short.

I was also under the impression it was an official case made by Grado for Grados, but mine seems to have been made by ArmourHome, a UK hifi (amongst other things) distributor. The logo on the package doesn't quite match the official Grado logo, and theres no link to the Grado site or any of the info found on regular Grado packaging.

Ill probably keep the case, as it will be fine for carrying my phones to and from work in my bag, but I think Ill keep them in the pizza box when at home.

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #9 of 10
I forgot about this thread...

I actually received them a while ago. I agree with the others that you have to bend the cable in odd ways in a messy way to get it in there, but i think pretty decent.

I think it's molded pretty well. It is a kind of tight fit, but it fits the 325i's very well IMO. It's not built like a tank, but it does provide sufficient protection. It should be able to withstand a good beating.

I don't know about the others, but I was never under the impression that it was an official Grado product. I've never heard of any such official case. I was actually looking for an aftermarket product made for Grados to protect my new investment since I take them around with me in a bag pretty often. The pizza box takes up too much space and a bag wouldn't provide enough protection if it gets tossed around a bit.

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 10
well, apart from the name "Grado Headphone Carry Case", just like with the headphones: "Grado RS2 Open Back Headphones" and the brand information on the right, clearly stating it's Grado. and oh wait, a Grado namebadge on top...
There is not a single mention/sign it's not a real Grado case (other than that a 'real' Grado case would be more expensive and probably fit just a little better)

Don't all bowlcups have the same diameter? I think it's stupid to create the 'bowl/plug bridge thingy' with a smaller diameter than the actual bowls have. Maybe the SR60 with the comfie-style cups fits better... You can see it a little on the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back