grado case question - QC2 case
Apr 23, 2006 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Atomicfission92

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if the Bose QC2 case will fit my grado's in it. I was reading up on the taiwan bCase and someone said the QC2 is the same case and will fit them in it. but someone else said it won't. So I need to know before I purchase a QC2 case and have it not fit in it.

If anyone has a spare one laying around please PM me.

Apr 23, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 12
Supposedly, there is some additional padding that is stitched into the QC2 case that will not allow grado's to fit. However, this stitching can be removed if you examine it carefully and once the padding is removed, you are left with the regular "taiwan grado case" which fits grado's perfectly.

Try asking around though, I recently got one off JP...can't remember the numbers after his name.

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 12
yeah, i got one for my HF-1's off ebay. there's some padding on the inside you can take off by running a exacto knife around the stitches, same with the bose logo on the out side. fits perfectly!

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 12
They're very similar cases--the Bose case just has some easily removeable padding to hold the earcups. The extra padding in my mom's QC2's case was velcro'ed in, but either way, it's easily removeable.

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 12
Alright thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
yeah, i got one for my HF-1's off ebay. there's some padding on the inside you can take off by running a exacto knife around the stitches, same with the bose logo on the out side. fits perfectly!

How much did you end up paying for your case?

I just picked one up off ebay for $23 with shipping included. I think thats a pretty good price considering from Bose it is $25 plus shipping.

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 12
Why don't you try a Pelican case? They are sturdy and water tight thus protecting you cans very well. You can order it with a pic type foam insert that will allow you to shape the foam to your cans shape. They come in various sizes, I chose the 1200 for my RS-1. You can get a description at: http://pelican-case.com/1200.html

Here is a pic:
pelican-flashlights_1894_272267

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 12
I was looking at the pelican case. But since I am going on a airplane I don't think I want to be carrying around something that looks like a gun case and have to worry about them taking it on me. Just not something I want to deal with right now. I am already worried that they might take my PA2V2 (thats if it comes in time. Hopefully before I leave on wednesday!)

I am going to get a Pelican case for nice home storage. And as a more rugged travel solution.

But for airplane travel and just a general portable case I think I want a case like the bCase/QC2 case.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 12
This is what the case looks like inside. I only had the crappy and heavily overpriced QC2's for 2 days so I forgot if those ear thingys were removable. I do know that zipper pouch thingy in the middle is removable (it is velvro'ed in place).

DSC00151.JPG

qc2.ex2.jpg

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
13$ + 5$ shipping

Okay well you beat me by $5. Oh well. Oh mine comes with all the crappy Bose accessories that came with the QC2's. So I guess thats worth an extra $5.

Anyways the person said he would ship them monday. So I am crossing my fingers that it will get here on wednesday. The USPS site said it would take 2 days for them to arrive. I hope thats right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back