Grado Aluminum Gimbals and Rodblocks. Finally found a place to buy them now. Just got mine. Photos included
Jul 29, 2016 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

glockhit

100+ Head-Fier
I thought I would post this in the forum to help other DIY grado custom builders like myself.
Since martincustomaudio has stopped manufacturing these it’s almost impossible to find them. 
He is located in Malaysia. His name is Ahi Fibrin Wahyudi. 

His email address is rholupat@gmail.com  I am located in the United States. I was fortunate enough to get the gimbals and roadblocks before he sold the second manufactured batch.

I have to tell you it takes time to get these. If they are in stock it takes about 1 month. If you have to wait until he gets another stock in it could take two-three months. In any case he communicates well and was a pleasure to deal with. 

I don’t have his web page but it shouldn’t be hard to do a search for it. I am not affiliated with him in any way. Just impressed by the product. I have purchased quite a few gimbals/rodblocks from martin custom audio but honestly have to say these are much better.

The photos are of the gimbals and roadblocks I just received today. I just finished the clearcoat on the cups shown and will be using a 325e driver which to my ear sounds very good with this wood.

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #11 of 15
Don't get me wrong though. If you use them at home the way you would another hi-end headphone and don't toss it around carelessly you'll be fine.
Does make a hell of a difference in the ugly plastic ones. Beautiful to look at.

Dec 10, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #15 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back