Grado 50th anniversary
Oct 31, 2002 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 43
Hmmmm, I'll have to inquire...

biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 43
I heard they're coming out with the HP-2000, a gunmetal black version of the HP-1000 with a comfortable redesigned headband.

frown.gif

Well, you have to dream.

Oct 31, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 43
I bet they will do something fancy, like ship their cans in boxes that have 50th aniversery writen on them in block type.

Oct 31, 2002 at 12:58 AM Post #7 of 43
They'll probably put a $10 circuit in a fancy wooden box, package it with a better 9V battery and call it the Grado RA-2. It'll be even neutraller and colorlesser.

Oct 31, 2002 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Well, you have to dream.

Flat earpads? :)
Quote:

Hmm, so they'll buy pizza hut boxes and put 50th anniversary on them with a sharpie?

ROFL!

TravelLite

Oct 31, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #10 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
I heard they're coming out with the HP-2000, a gunmetal black version of the HP-1000 with a comfortable redesigned headband.

frown.gif

Well, you have to dream.

I bet John Grado knows the HP-1000's are better headphones than his current offerings, too! I would bet that his HP-1's are on his ears and his RS-1's in the closet. Well, maybe this isn't true. But imagine how much better Grado would be doing if the HP-1000 or a variation of it were being currently produced. Blah! They should reissue it, dammit!! Because I want one for my Melos!

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 43
Despite what many of you think, John Grado had a big part in the production of the HP-1000. In fact, he hand assembled every single one of them. So if he says the RS-1 is better, I'd have to think he really believes that.

I'm anxiously anticipating hearing Hirsch's RS-1 in a few weeks. For some reason, I have a feeling I might like it better (at least in some ways) than my HP-2.

kerely

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Gergor
Do you have special connections? I'm hoping you do.
smily_headphones1.gif

No, not at all. But John Grado will be hosting our NYC Head-Fi meeting and you know I'll pose the question
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

I'm anxiously anticipating hearing Hirsch's RS-1 in a few weeks. For some reason, I have a feeling I might like it better (at least in some ways) than my HP-2.

If you do turn out liking the RS-1 more than you HP-2 and wish to sell it, send me a PM and I will give you a good price for them.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

No, not at all. But John Grado will be hosting our NYC Head-Fi meeting and you know I'll pose the question

LOL. Wait, you are kidding, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back