Grace m902 crossfeed always sound better?
Sep 3, 2009 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mediahound

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got the Grace m902 and am absolutely loving it so far; very musical and a great sound. Anyways, I'm wondering about the crossfeed circuit. It's Dr. Jan Meier's circuit from Meier-Audio

Does having it on for music always sound better than off? Are there particular types of music or recordings I should turn it off on? I don't really notice a lot of difference with it on and off although I haven't done serious testing as of yet.

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 5
You tell us
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you tried listening to just one side of the phones or playing sound effects that pan from left to right?

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 5
It takes some getting used to, at first when I got the DA11 from Lavry Engineering I only used the PiC sparingly. However, over time I started to leave it at +1 for both channels after a couple weeks I turned it off and the difference was far more pronounced going back. And interesting feature on the PiC is that you can adjust it more narrow as well. Also - it works on the xlr / balanced outputs, not just the headphone output, so you can use it for room correction - something some guys in Germany did a big write up on - very interesting stuff.

Even thou PiC and crossfeed are very different at the circuit level, in concept they have similar out come, I would turn it on for a few weeks, then turn it off - see if you can live without it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks. So far, I'm preferring it off but maybe that's because I'm not used to it yet. The instrumentation seems to have a bit more impact and isolation with it off.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The instrumentation seems to have a bit more impact and isolation with it off.

That's sort of been my impression as well.

I admit I haven't really tried using the crossfeed that much, probably because I don't have any spatial issues, or listening fatigue in the normal mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back