Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions
Apr 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,382 of 2,153
Massdrop accepts returns?

on defects, yes.  For other reasons, not officially, but they're a company that you can work with a lot of times if you talk to their customer service people.  

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #1,383 of 2,153
Hello m9XX thread!  I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm now running the Audiophile Custom Products for Massdrop.

Here are a few words from Will and a bit of my story... LINK

You'll still see Will around, he's a true audiophile. 
tongue.gif

Happy to be here,
Christian

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,384 of 2,153
hi every one,

looking for some advice on whether to get the Grace M9xx for LCD2.

I currently own the HE500 using the Emotiva A-100 / ODAC. I have recently purchased a LCD2.2 (Pre-fazor) and was wondering would the emotive A-100 be suited for the LCD2 and if would the Grace M9xx be an upgrade at all? Just trying to work out if I should jump on the current drop that ends in a couple of hours .

Thanks.

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #1,385 of 2,153
Massdrop accepts returns?

Hi @maheeinfy,

Massdrop can accept returns on defective product within a couple weeks of receipt.  Please feel free to PM me ASAP with details and I can look into your case.

Looking forward to being in touch with many of you, please reach out to me with any suggestions or questions.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #1,387 of 2,153
Hi @maheeinfy,

Massdrop can accept returns on defective product within a couple weeks of receipt.  Please feel free to PM me ASAP with details and I can look into your case.

Looking forward to being in touch with many of you, please reach out to me with any suggestions or questions.  :bigsmile_face:  

Good to know, thanks!

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #1,388 of 2,153
Questions

1. Any recommendation for a good battery pack that replaces the power adapter?

2. Looking to bitstream from my HTC M8 on Lollypop into m9xx. What all do I need(cables, software, settings..)

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #1,391 of 2,153
  Questions

1. Any recommendation for a good battery pack that replaces the power adapter?

2. Looking to bitstream from my HTC M8 on Lollypop into m9xx. What all do I need(cables, software, settings..)

If you're on lollipop, should just need an OTG cable

HTC M8 --> USB OTG Cable --> USB 1 on the M9xx

Plug battery pack to usb2 on m9xx

And you're good to go

============================================

If your favorite player doesn't work with that setup,  you can try USB Audio Pro ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en ) - it works on my old Samsung S3

Link for trial version for USB Audio Pro : http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioPlayerPROTrial_2.5.9.apk

You might wanna give the trial version a test before paying for the Pro version

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,392 of 2,153

If you're on lollipop, should just need an OTG cable

HTC M8 --> USB OTG Cable --> USB 1 on the M9xx

Plug battery pack to usb2 on m9xx

And you're good to go

============================================

If your favorite player doesn't work with that setup,  you can try USB Audio Pro ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en ) - it works on my old Samsung S3

Link for trial version for USB Audio Pro : http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioPlayerPROTrial_2.5.9.apk

You might wanna give the trial version a test before paying for the Pro version

Thanks a lot!

I would like to stream bitperfect to m9xx. I guess that leaves only USB Audio Pro on the table? 

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,394 of 2,153
If anyone's interested in purchasing the M9XX, please PM me.  I've got a "like new" condition unit that I'm looking to sell as I've upgraded recently to the Liquid Carbon/Gungnir.  Fantastic amp, but the upgrade bug hit :frowning2:  Sadly, I work in an office that works more collaboratively, so headphones larger than IEMs or earbuds are kind of frowned upon.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #1,395 of 2,153
If anyone's interested in purchasing the M9XX, please PM me.  I've got a "like new" condition unit that I'm looking to sell as I've upgraded recently to the Liquid Carbon/Gungnir.  Fantastic amp, but the upgrade bug hit :frowning2:  Sadly, I work in an office that works more collaboratively, so headphones larger than IEMs or earbuds are kind of frowned upon.

How does m9xx fare against Gung/LC combo? Is the general sound signature same?

Btw, good luck with ur sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back