GoVibe Petite DAC amp appreciation thread + PICS *LITTLE UPDATE*
Jan 29, 2008 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Blackmore

Headphoneus Supremus
[/B]I am not going to write my impressions again, so if you want these please read it from here, originally not my, but have some writings there from me to.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...-vs-d1-287689/

This is pure appreciation thread, becasuse I truly believe this little monster, called Petite, deserve it, period.

I love my and you
cool.gif

Some pics Go-Vibe7 & Petite DAC

Jul 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 18
These are my earlier impressions

My impressions based on the following set up. Have used through LOD adapter with no EQ at all, pure amp sound.

Phones: Koss KSC75

Source: iAudio X5L FLACs, HQ MP3.

Mini-mini: Wyvern Audio-Cyprium One

LOD adapter

PETITE

HIGHS - Better controlled and clearly less TSSS effect, but still slightly appears. They are sweeter and pronounced, which is great with JAZZ. I think when used with other phones and mini cable, then you would not get such effect at all.

MIDS - Definitely fuller, but still on the neutral side and not really warm, just punchier. They support BASS very well and tight.

BASS - Oh yeah, mamma mia. Just amazingly controlled, tight, clear and absolutely not bloated. You hear the string movement which makes you really think, how the hell it is possible, from such small guy called Petite, good job.

SOUNDSTAGE - Petite have less airy, still kind of wide, but more focused sound. His depth is the thing, I think, which isn't directly an soundstage, but more gathering the signals together in one point, while you can follow this happening. I do not know how to tell better, sorry, kind of strange feeling.

Overall sound impressions: Very good and solid sound sig. First thing noticeable is his control through the whole sound spectrum. Second his punchy impact, man, he kicks very good. Guitars are more present, fuller and real. Details much clear and get your attention in better way. Mids and bass more focused, which translates in great punchy sound. Drums are great with this guy, just tight and never bloated. The sound is not flat and not linear as V7. He also have one step back sound sig, not that upfront which V7 have. Because of better depth you can push this guy to the limit without getting any distracting in the sound. I love it with almost every music genres, with JAZZ as the best.

Conclusion

Both V7 and Petite are very good amps, but if you look at the size, where Petite is double less than V7, you may choose Petite above. However the build quality are pretty good on both amps, I do like Petite more. His is very cute, but still sturdy and solid, while V7 looks and feels a bit bulky. On the other hand, the space between the input/output jacks are pretty tight on Petite and can be an issue with some connectors/cables, I guess. GoVibe7 do not have such problem and you can plug anything you want in it.
As last I do believe that you have to try both to hear which one is the best fit in your rig and liking, cos different phones, cables etc would make a huge influence on delivered results. That's why I am not selling non of them and will see what will happened when I have better portables around.

Just would like to say that PETITE become more fuller, warmer, kind of tuby sounding amp than in the beginning. Very easy listen to it and pairs with ATH ESW9 very good, imo. I was not impressed with the mids from the first time I used it with ESW9, but now they are simply there. Not sure what ever it may be, PETITE or better burned ESW9, but I like it a lot. Will try it with GS1000 tonight again and maybe I will be surprised one more time

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #10 of 18
I saw it coming ! ... a Petite thread..

Well ... i am planning to buy these next month.

I am worried they dont have a Gain switch rite?

and one more thing..

How is GoVibe Petite for my HD555?

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #11 of 18
I like the Go Vibe with Sleek Audio SA6, certainly improves them. The bass is punchier, and there is nice instrument separation. The phones come alive.

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #13 of 18
It should be, right, makes no sense to design a whole new circuit when you can just axe the amplification and send a lineout to a jack!

The AV710 uses a wolfson DAC, iirc, this uses a Burr-Brown 2702. This thing is shockingly small however, it makes a RAZR look rather large!

So is the amp in the petite worth the $120?

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #14 of 18
Has anyone tried the Petite with the Senn HD-25? This amp looks right up my alley, especially given the price. I'm split between this, the iBasso D3/2 or the Corda 3Move.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by milesandcoltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the Petite with the Senn HD-25? This amp looks right up my alley, especially given the price. I'm split between this, the iBasso D3/2 or the Corda 3Move.

Same here, D3 or petite dac amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back