Got the K1000's... here's what I think
Sep 20, 2002 at 11:50 AM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by mikeg
FCJ - I've had the Stefan AudioArt cable for a couple of weeks. Before burn-in it sounded far worse than the stock K1000 cable; i.e., lots of base, but lack of highs. It sounded dead compared to the stock cable. But, now after 72+ hours of burn-in (as recommended in cable instructions) it sounds great. The only fly in the ointment is that I can't hear any difference between the Stefan AudioArt cable, and the stock cable. I keep switching from one to the other, but they sound identical with all the kinds of music that I've tried. Perhaps with more use (i.e., more burn-in) I'll hear a difference. Please post your view after you've tried your new Stefan AudioArt cable. As for K1000 shrillness, it's long since gone (see my previous posts in this thread).

Uh oh--no real difference between the stock cable and the Stefan AudioArt cable? For the price I would hope there would be some difference. I'm concerned because if you can't hear a difference, and your system sounds better than mine, than I won't be able to, either.

My cable isn't scheduled to arrive until the end of October, so it will be a while until I can post any comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back