Got the HD800....the cynic is now speechless
Sep 6, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #61 of 233
ok, here i am again. sorry. so this sounds like the can that takes the flat uncolored response of the dt880 pro i have to an even higher level? don't just laugh. i heard the hd800 for a breif while. i agree that the one thing they don't have is solid response in the bass registers. i guess nothing is perfect. thats why i must have them all
smile_phones.gif

music_man

Sep 6, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #62 of 233
No wonder the o.p is 'speechless' i think i would be too after spending that much on a headphone.
Don't get me wrong sound is important and so is a good can but really truly and honestly there is no need to spend THAT much,unless you really do have too much money.
With companies like that charging the earth and people buying these high priced 'toys' who needs a recession.
Sorry but however good the 800 is it isn't worth the ridiculous price tag.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #63 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am out of here,will leave all you fb's to congratulate each other on your astute purchases.
tongue.gif

Oh you better watch out, better not cry, better not pout, I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong sound is important and so is a good can but really truly and honestly there is no need to spend THAT much,unless you really do have too much money.

What if you spend that much money but recoup most of it back when you sell/trade your now "inferior" headphones?

Quote:

Sorry but however good the 800 is it isn't worth the ridiculous price tag

If you factor in manufacturing cost vs. retail price, 90% of everything you buy has a ridiculous price tag, from cars to your morning coffee.
But if you are happy, it's a good buy. Seems to be the way we humans work. If you don't need that good of a sound, it is nor worth it, for sure.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #64 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh you better watch out, better not cry, better not pout, I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town!

What if you spend that much money but recoup most of it back when you sell/trade your now "inferior" headphones?

If you factor in manufacturing cost vs. retail price, 90% of everything you buy has a ridiculous price tag, from cars to your morning coffee.
But if you are happy, it's a good buy. Seems to be the way we humans work. If you don't need that good of a sound, it is nor worth it, for sure.

Yeah that's cool man, if you can justify it then that's awesome,and i'm glad you are enjoying 'em.
Always nice to hear a happy soul.
Mind you i wouldn't call my Dt880 inferior lol.
Peace dude.

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #65 of 233
Beagle;5984695 said:
The Negative

- I'm not sure I hear anything in the lower bass. I certainly don't hear any "impact" or thud. The bottom end is wonderfully balanced overall, but I'm not sure that it drops down when called for

- the entire bass range seems to just lie there, no movement, no dynamics

The bass issue might be amp related. The amp I have been using is my PPA. I haven't tried it with the Shanling PH100.

A cable upgrade solved the low end issue for me. Mine now have plenty of impact/low end slam.

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #67 of 233
Quote:

No wonder the o.p is 'speechless' i think i would be too after spending that much on a headphone.

f800.jpg

Welcome to the headphone forum....

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #68 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would without the slightest hesitation.

X2. The DT880 actually doesn't rank very highly in my list.

Sure one might prefer the sound signature of the DT880 and that's okay, but it's hard not to realize the technical superiority of the HD800 over it.

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #69 of 233
Quote:

With companies like that charging the earth and people buying these high priced 'toys' who needs a recession.

Compared to lots of folks I know, your DT880s are a ridiculous extravagance. $200 buys food for a month. Why are your headphones reasonable and his ridiculously priced, then? Where's that dollar amount?

Quote:

Sorry but however good the 800 is it isn't worth the ridiculous price tag.

This seems to be fundamentally flawed. There is no sound worth $1400? What are you doing in this thread, then?

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #72 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beyerfan-what is your point?you make no sense

????
I make no sense?, come on dude The phone is overpriced!
I thought that was perfectly clear.
as it has already been said If senn want to be known for the best phone they should indeed make it affordable to more people,not that i want a pair,far from it i love what i have but it's a rip off at the price it is.
See that's the problem with this forum these days,say something slightly against a product that costs ££££££ and you get trounced on.
I give up.

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #74 of 233
Overpriced or not, they sure sound wonderful!

Thanks for your impressions Beagle.

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #75 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heard them, Beyer?

Yes bud,in a listening centre, ok it was only for about 10 minutes but it was with a favourite track of mine.
Even though they were very transparent and very true i just didn't see how they could be worth the price.
Of course sound is so subjective but there has to be a point where you say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back