Got some spare cash?
Nov 16, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 28
oh, this post made me laugh for 2 mins. Then, it makes upset for 5 mins. US $1,350,900.00 for a pair of speaker, that is why my mom told me to study hard.......
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Posted by the seller of the $1.3MM speakers

...and my wife does not like the way they look. Either her, or the speakers! We can discuss shipping...

Shipping her or the speakers?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 28
JMT, this is what they said on AudiogoN too.
I suppose she's a better deal than the speakers at that price...
I wonder what her midrange and bottom end are like.

Nov 16, 2002 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 28
Ugh, auctions like this make me cringe. Notice the seller has 0 feedback? Now, sure, he leaves a cell phone number, etc. But it would still give me the willies. . .

anyway, if you're spending over a million on SPEAKERS, I'm sure that you could afford the plane ticket to check em out. . .

Nov 16, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 28
Can't say for sure in this crazy world, but if I had to guess, I would say it's a joke involving several people. However much those speakers cost (and I'm sure they're quite expensive), I don't think much of anything is worth that much, certainly not a pair of damn speakers.

I doubt the fool willing to pay that price would have the money long enough to buy them before he and it were parted.

Nov 16, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #14 of 28
Allright, damnit, that did it. I am definitely in the wrong business!

A 456 pound speaker magnet? Man am I ever impressed. It had better have a 10" underhung voicecoil, though, or the deal is off!

On the other hand, if a set of B&W Nautilus 800s really sold for 1.35 million inflation must have spiked really bad last night. Either that or it was 1.35 thousand and I am pissed!

Somebody please 'splain the economy of acoustics to me, quick!

gerG

Nov 16, 2002 at 6:21 AM Post #15 of 28
How about the Grand Engima Reference System for $1,000,000. Here are the specs:

"This 12 ton system is fully active with 30kW of amplification, equipped with 24 ultrahigh efficiency planar-magnetic HF-units, 24 15-inch LF drivers and 48 6-inch MF drivers. Placed in a specially prepared subterranean listening room of 45,000 cubic feet, it presents sound with incredible dynamics and limitless power, easily reproducing live concert levels at a distance of 10 meters. Needless to say, Charles was paid well for his work. "

This isn't the best link, but I couldn't find the one I used when I first discovered this system over a year ago: http://www.kharma.com/01_general_info/01_01_history.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back