Got some new gear today, so much fun!
May 14, 2015 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tretneo

100+ Head-Fier
I can't even explain the difference (compared to my previous setup) I'm experiencing. Loving the way this gear makes the music come alive, so much detail, clarity and energy. I'd love to hear what others that have tested/purchased this combo think.

Previous setup:
- Raspberry Pi 2 (running RuneAudio) w/ Hifiberry Digi+ SPDIF Optical out
- Marantz SR5008
- Sennheiser Momentum 1 over-ear

New setup:
- Raspberry Pi 2 (running RuneAudio) w/ Hifiberry Digi+ SPDIF Optical out
- Marantz HD-DAC1
HiFiMAN HE-560

Currently listening to: Dire Straits - Private Investigations 24/48 FLAC

May 14, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't have the same setup, but like the Raspberry Pi. Which software do you use on it for music playing?

This headphone is amazing. My review of it is currently featured on the headfi front page. Am very humbled by that. The most amazing quality about this headphone is how you feel bang in the middle of a sea of music. The clarity and detail withe the amazing mids.... Properly driven this headphone is magic.

Cheers,
K
EDIT: duh, runeaudio you said it. Never mind :wink:

May 14, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 8
  Awesome!  How do you like the HE-560 headphones?

I don't mind admitting that I'm a total noob so I won't even try to speak audiophile. That being said, I'm really really enjoying them. They are very comfortable and I just love the way the music is presented. Like Koolpep described in his review, it's like being immersed in the music. It's quite the experience.

- tret

May 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 8
I don't have the same setup, but like the Raspberry Pi. Which software do you use on it for music playing?

This headphone is amazing. My review of it is currently featured on the headfi front page. Am very humbled by that. The most amazing quality about this headphone is how you feel bang in the middle of a sea of music. The clarity and detail withe the amazing mids.... Properly driven this headphone is magic.

Cheers,
K

Great review man, I actually saw it on the front page this morning and read through it while waiting for the UPS truck :)

May 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 8

Cheers,
K

How do you feel about the Marantz driving the HE-560?

May 14, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back