Got my sansa clip from newegg today, thoughts.
Nov 23, 2009 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JUDOHAWK

Head-Fier
Simply incredible. Paid 20 bucks for a 2 GB recertified. Received it and it looked pretty much brand new. Then I put some of my songs on it, and holy cow it sounds good. Just so crystal clear and lively. Much, much better than my RCA pearl.

Also, what's the latest firmware out from SD? It's a version 1, but I think I'll stick with official firmware for now.

Also the stock buds are horrible, haha.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 9
You know, I think this DAP is way underrated. It's super tiny, very very cheap, plays flac out of the box, AND has a micro sdhc slot in it. 50 bucks for a new 2 gig player + 30 bucks for a 16 gig micro sdhc = 18 gig FLAC player one fourth the size of a credit card for under a hundred bucks. Personally, I think it sounds much better than my iaudio7 when it comes to flac... not just kinda, but as in a whole different league.

downside is my battery only lasts about 7 or 8 hours, but that's good enough for almost anything.

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 9
Well I got the old clip, but I hear ya. I also only paid 20 bucks for it, I might have to get a clip + though, for the sd slot and folder browsing xD

But yea it sounds REALLY great, it honestly shocked me when I heard it.

Oh and anyone else, I got the FW figured out, it came with .30A already, put .32 on it, so it was relatively upto date, sounds odd for a refurb haha.

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 9
As far as I know, that semitone issue they said they weren't going to fix at the moment. I think it's because they aren't going to do any more FWs for the clip at this point.

Anyway another thought on the clip. Been listening to some more music. And I noticed with my HDpro7s they don't seem lazy anymore like they did with my RCA pearl. Probably because the clip has more power to drive them? The HDpro7s aren't hard to drive at all, and sound good, even did on the pearl, but they sound more punchy, quick and less lazy. If that makes sense.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 9
It's a wonderful little thing. I actually had a few players and then I decided to sell the others off since I bought one also for 20 dollars (at the beginning of the year). Now the only issue is I bought a 1gb, it's a bit limiting so I might pick up a Fuze. The Clip+ is a great little device but I have to say I think I might want a scroll wheel for easier navigation.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 9
What?

there's a sansa clip PLUS now?

i've been way out of date with this stuff...

this looks like a promising unit if my old clip ever dies!

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #9 of 9
Yea, it's basically a spiffied up clip, now has folder browsing, and of course the microsd slot for expansion. Not sure on other additions but it seems to be a bit better built as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back