Got my LDM 2++ Today but missing cables
Mar 22, 2007 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kamal007

Headphoneus Supremus
Where can i find the power cables and the RCA cables to start and use them? i have a Electronic Express Nearby so i can run there and pick them up but im not sure which one to get

im running it via my pc (3.5mm plug i think should be ok)

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 10
Any standard computer power cable will work (the one with the 3-prong jack). As for an RCA cable, I'm assuming you don't have a standalone DAC or anything so you'll need an RCA-to-mini cable, which goes for about $4 at Radio Shack.

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 10
hey...Thanks for the reply..Really appreciate it.. Im heading to Electronic Express to get them (closer to me) or if i couldnt find those im gonna drive to RadioShack..

I did realize the tubes are super hot.. Is that normal?

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 10
Yes.

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 10
got the cables at Electronic Express.. Now im hearing a hum when i connect them to my pc?

what are my options to remove the hum?

Mar 23, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 10
May I ask, when did you place you order? I'm currently waiting for my LD2++ (to replace my LD2+) and it'd be nice to get an idea of about how long they take to ship.

As for cables, If you have a Guitar Center around you, check them out. They seem to have the highest quality/price cables I've been able to find.

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got the cables at Electronic Express.. Now im hearing a hum when i connect them to my pc?

what are my options to remove the hum?

does the hum come from your computer? computer is a bad music source. you should try it with your CD player.

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 10
got them off ebay...im not sure im the tube guy but if anyone plans to buy this lmk..im planning to sell mine to get a non tube amp

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrus1313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the hum come from your computer? computer is a bad music source. you should try it with your CD player.

i know but most of my mp3's are in my pc...my cds are back at home.. well..im planning to sell those and get a emu 0404 instead..then reconsider another amp
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GotNoRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask, when did you place you order? I'm currently waiting for my LD2++ (to replace my LD2+) and it'd be nice to get an idea of about how long they take to ship.

As for cables, If you have a Guitar Center around you, check them out. They seem to have the highest quality/price cables I've been able to find.

I just received my LD2++ yesterday, exactly a week after purchase. It's my first tube amp, and so far I dig it! My 595s come alive compared to my Gilmore Dynamic v2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back