Got my K701s!!! With Pics you gotta see
Mar 8, 2006 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sum

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I joined Head-Fi not too long ago, and I've caught the bug. I just picked up K701s to join the family. The entire family is purchased below, HD650 with Zu, RS2s, UM2s, B&O A8s for the gym. All except for the B&O have been purchased since late last summer as well as all of the other paraphenilia on the desk. Those are dual 24" flat panels in case anyone is wondering.

Anyways about the K701s. Right out of the box these things are great. I wish there were more bass to bring them on par with the RS2s with flats or the 650s. I'm hoping with greater burn-in they will even out a little. The highs seem to be detailed but just a tad harsh. I imagine this will definitely disappear with burn-in. What is everyone's suggested burn-in time with these beauties?

Edit - Sorry, accidentally posted in the wrong forum, how do I move it?

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 8
I thought 1 of those 24" dell is darn good already...but TWO!
eek.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 8
i see you have an aria with your 650s...

what do you think of that combo soundwise? basswise?

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 8
The 650 with the Aria is great. The RS2s with the Arias were not bearable until I got the flat pads. They were just too bright. Keep in mind that I have the Zu cable with the 650s. I have not tried the 650s with the stock cable and the Arias.

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 8
I guess the burn in process would take as long as at least half a year.

Are these monsters or monitors
580smile.gif
?

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 8
aria is tempting.

how would you say the bass is? boomy/controlled enough?

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwuzer
aria is tempting.

how would you say the bass is? boomy/controlled enough?

I think the bass is very well controlled. The Aria overall is a very even and dry sounding amp. Very transparent and although I haven't listened to many amps yet, I'm guessing the most transparent in it's league. I have a tough time finding faults with it.

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #8 of 8
mmm

tempted.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back