Got my D-25S today, but...
Jan 17, 2002 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gloom

100+ Head-Fier
This jewel sounds fantastic from the headphone jack. I decided to plug the V6 into the line-out just for the heck of it, though, and all I hear is static. It changes in synch with something inside the cdp: when I press stop, and the laser moves back to its starting point, I can "hear" it through the 'phones. I don't think this is normal behavior, but I thought to check here before I send the unit back.

Jan 17, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 8
When I plug in my grados and my koss into the lineout the sound is perfectly clear, of course the sound is extremely low, but no static to speak of. you probably got a defective unit and should try to return it.

Jan 17, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #3 of 8
I have one at work and one at home. I've plugged Grados, KSC35s, and PortaPros into the line jack. Like RVD said - the volume is lower, but clear.

Jan 17, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 8
Call Silicon Salvage and tell them what's wrong. They're as accomodating as you can imagine.

Jan 17, 2002 at 3:35 AM Post #5 of 8
are you sure you didn't plug it into the jack labeled "remote"? I did this once and got a bunch of static. The line out on mine is very nice. Crystal clear.

Jan 17, 2002 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Roll-man, you are my hero
smily_headphones1.gif
nothing to see here, folks, happy ending!

Now I just need another one
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back