got my 212
Jun 2, 2005 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

South_Korean

1000+ Head-Fier
i just got my senn hd 212 pros! oh my god they are so much smaller than in the pics! now, i think i may have a problem but, the bass isnt that much greater than the eggos. i think this is very bad. this just means i have to burn in right? im burning in as i type this message.

i also have a question about how to properly where these so that i can get maximum perforrmance. i really want to feel that punchy bass you guys were all talking about, and so far im not impressed.
confused.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
i just got my senn hd 212 pros! oh my god they are so much smaller than in the pics! now, i think i may have a problem but, the bass isnt that much greater than the eggos. i think this is very bad. this just means i have to burn in right? im burning in as i type this message.

i also have a question about how to properly where these so that i can get maximum perforrmance. i really want to feel that punchy bass you guys were all talking about, and so far im not impressed.
confused.gif

No way! Out of the box, eggos seemed to have no bass to me. After burn-in, much much better but still "accurate" type of bass with a little bit of punch. Out of the box, 212's already shook me up with thunderous bass. What source is your music coming out of, and what kind of music are you using?

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 11
well, music that could really use bass; rap! i also use itunes, i dont know where to get foobar and stuff, and im also testing out my friends zen touch.

the headphones are directly connected to the computer, im running it off an altec lansin 2.1 speaker system. should i connect it directly to the computer?

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 11
Try connecting it directly out of your computer. It's highly possible that the headphone output of your 2.1 set is weaker than straight out of your soundcard. I used both my flash player and av710 the first time, both powered the cans fine and gave me powerful bass. Definitely go straight to rap or songs with heavy beats, or even try gaming. Heck, even a Bjork song became too physically thumping for me.

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 11
hmmm, maybe i expected too much from headphones in general? i got a big head too, i think i stretched the heaband out of shape rofl.

i think for some reason its better through the speakers. should i get an amp?

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 11
There's still less bass than eggos even through your friend's Zen Touch? An amp does not really make the 212 bass more powerful but it does clear up the veil and make it sound more clear. There's no way HD212 has less bass than MDR-D66SL. Imo your pair could be defective. In any case, if you should return them if they really disappoint you.

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 11
if i only had a pro to verify that these phones are A-Okay. my first almost high end purchase and it messes up. the bass is stronger with the treble all the way down and then the volume put up more on my itunes EQ. where can u get foobar? maybe it will sound better there. and some music actually sound bassy with these phones, for example just a lil bit- 5- cent, soldier- destiny's child, still tippin- mike jones. but from every headphones i use, there is a weird crackling noise in the back ground from my computer. its not the headphones cuz it stops on the zen touch or other comps.\

i guess more burn in is required. i mean its just out of the box right now, and im alredy trying to abuse it with bass boost.

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #9 of 11
http://www.foobar2000.org/ - go ahead and grab the special version, it's basically the same as the others but with a few more bells and whistles that can be activated during or after installation.

Crackling? - do you get this problem with other headphoens coming out of your computer?

Perhaps we should just continue this PM style lol.

---

If you can, set all of your EQs to default. Do you have winamp? You could just use that or WindowsMediaPlayer instead of downloading foobar.

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 11
lol yes, you reply so fast, thanks for caring about my problem here, im a bass head in doubt. also, i have winamp, jetaudio, itunes, windowmedia, are winamp just as good as foobar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back