got in a car accident but
Aug 10, 2007 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
i bumped into a car while making a right turn. the car in front of me made a sudden stop and i braked. but the water in the street caused me to pushed into that car. anyways, i found out that the water was from the fire department that is located right next to that intersection. 1)would i be able to file a claim against that fire department? (thinking that it might not work because i cant really blame on road condition, in case of accident. but again, the road condition is caused mainly and solely by that fire department so..)

or 2)should i just forget about it and just let it be.

2) i will probably have to call my insurance company.

what do you guys think?

btw, it is nothing major. no one is hurt but caused bad scratches on both cars.

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 31
Personally, I say let it go, but hopefully without getting the insurance companies invoved (if you feel comfortable).

Sudden wet road or not, I would assume you were following just a little too closely.

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 31
If you can keep the insurance company's out.

Just pay that guy you hit. That way your insurance rates wont go up.

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 31
yeah, i told her to call me after she gets the quote, for the repair. i guess ill just have to take care of this by myself, without having insurance company get involved, unless she claims to be injured all of sudden.

dang, my first accident in 10yrs. there goes my clean record, either official or unofficial.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i told her to call me after she gets the quote, for the repair. i guess ill just have to take care of this by myself, without having insurance company get involved, unless she claims to be injured all of sudden.

dang, my first accident in 10yrs. there goes my clean record, either official or unofficial.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I got in a tiny fender bump, and the guy decided to claim "soft tissue injuries to the head and neck" (a.k.a. Whiplash) from a 4mph crash.

The accident claim was investigated as fraud, got overturned, and was pretty much off my record. But then later, the guy sued my insurance company, and they ended up settling. Up went my insurance rates. What? BTW, the insurance company was Allstate, I dropped them in a California minute and switched to AAA for all my insurance.

-Ed

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I got in a tiny fender bump, and the guy decided to claim "soft tissue injuries to the head and neck" (a.k.a. Whiplash) from a 4mph crash.

The accident claim was investigated as fraud, got overturned, and was pretty much off my record. But then later, the guy sued my insurance company, and they ended up settling. Up went my insurance rates. What? BTW, the insurance company was Allstate, I dropped them in a California minute and switched to AAA for all my insurance.

-Ed

dang, that sucks. hope my guy is pretty easy to deal with.

ah, i just got a call. $795
rolleyes.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #8 of 31
Dunno what your deductibles are, but for $795 I think I'd go ahead and write a check. Unless your deductibles are amazingly low, you'll pay the bulk of it to your insurance anyway, with them covering a few hundred bucks and raising your rates by god knows how much a month.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dunno what your deductibles are, but for $795 I think I'd go ahead and write a check. Unless your deductibles are amazingly low, you'll pay the bulk of it to your insurance anyway, with them covering a few hundred bucks and raising your rates by god knows how much a month.

If he is talking about the other guys damage, he there wouldn't be a deductible. The deductible would only apply to his own damage paid by his carrier. The other car damage would be paid by his carrier from dollar one.

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang, that sucks. hope my guy is pretty easy to deal with.

ah, i just got a call. $795
rolleyes.gif

yeah, i had a 65 year old lady tell me that the bumper to her '91 cavalier cost 1600 bucks. . .the crazy thing. . .thats actually how much my parents paid for her to get a new bumper.

being a 20 year old male with no tickets, but one accident really does suck as far as car insurance goes
plainface.gif

hopefully you get all of this sorted out

-matt

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pay the $795, unless she is cute and single.
wink.gif
icon10.gif
Then take her out on a few dates ...

lol... but isn't cantsleep also a girl?

Aug 11, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i had a 65 year old lady tell me that the bumper to her '91 cavalier cost 1600 bucks. . .the crazy thing. . .thats actually how much my parents paid for her to get a new bumper.

being a 20 year old male with no tickets, but one accident really does suck as far as car insurance goes
plainface.gif

hopefully you get all of this sorted out

-matt

I would have found her car and caused some 1400 dollars of damage to make up for the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back