Got $99? Get MS1.
Jun 3, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by stromie
BlessingX: Does the hole cut in the "comfy" pads compare to the flats or is it worth the $35 to just get the flats?

I can't say as the flats weren't available when I last owned a Grado, but I gotta believe they're equal to the Sennheiser cut pads many used/use (including I). Very similar material, etc.

Then again, see this thread.

Jun 3, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #17 of 24
Which of the pads come with the Alessandros?

I am now thinking about modding the Senn pads just for the sole reason that the flats are pretty pricey. Did you make your own Senn pads blessingx or did you buy the vwap pre-modded ones?

Jun 3, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 24
The MS1 (and SR60) come with comfies.

VWAPs weren't available at the time. Ordered from Senn, punched hole and dyed black with Ritt. You can see my other failed attempts here and here.

Jun 3, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #19 of 24
i've started with the ms-1's, thanks too head-fi..and now 20 walkmans/pcdp's, baby O and Studer later. I'm looking for an emt 927 TT, bit expensive, it's for the future.
wink.gif

yep, the ms-1's have started an expensive audio-quest

Jun 3, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #21 of 24
Jun 3, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #22 of 24
Now I'm interested in this Senn mod for sure. Is it as simple as just putting the pads on the Alessando headphones or do you have to make cuts?

I seem to remember reading that there were cuts on the ear side. If there are any instructions to actually doing this I would appreciate the link. For some reason the search isn't working for me today.

I am new to the good headphone idea and definitely new to the whole "modding" thing. I am always nervous about cutting things so I want to be sure of how to do this correctly with the cut in the center so I don't have to do it 4 or 5 times.

biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I don't know what Ritt is. But if yuo want to dye them purple this will be the result. (Modded senn pad dyed with dye for clothes)

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66931

It's actually RIT, and it's a brand of dye that's been around for ages (at least in the USA)... I think people were using it back in the 60's to tie-dye T-shirts
biggrin.gif
. http://www.ritdye.com/

Jun 4, 2004 at 11:38 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveemac
Are they sufficiently better than my SR60s to merit getting a pair?

Thanks.

For my ears, the answer is a resounding YES! The sr60s are thin, and grating, especially compared to the full and impactful sound of the ms-1. I haven't found anything else yet that mates better with the ipod for portable-home use. And if you really wanna have fun, get the flat pads from Todd.
smily_headphones1.gif

I hear all this rubbish about "Grados are for rock" and "Senns are for classical" and it's just not true. It really depends on the way the recording was made, your equipment, your ears, and the mood you're in at the time as to which will be better at that moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back