Gospel Singers
Nov 16, 2008 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Postal_Blue

500+ Head-Fier
About 3-4 weeks ago I was flipping channels while eating some breakfast before work. I randomly stopped on the Gaither Homecoming. Gospel has seldom caught my attention, however this particular morning I heard Ernie Haase & Signature Sound singing "Since Jesus Passed By". for the first 2-3 minutes I was not paying attention trying to get myself mentally prepared for work then out of the corner of my eye I see Ernie step about 3 feet back from the mic and start popping out high C's. Again I am not a fan of gospel but this man has an incredible voice, I mean sure it is "technically" awful what he does and any good vocal pedagogue would tell you he "wont be able to sustain it" (don't tell them he has been at it for >20 years). Short story long... I have been seeking out more Ernie Haase recordings (check out "What a Savior") which inevitably led me to more gospel groups, I would not say I am a fan of the genre, but there are some fabulous singers to be heard. And of course the Christian messages appeal to me, It is refreshing to listen to music that is not depressing.

Any favorites you would recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread