Google is going to make cellphone
Aug 3, 2007 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Google phone is now reality

googphone.jpg

Damn, that's ugly, they're better off partnering up w/ Nokia & provide their expertise to make software on Nokia phone.

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 12
yes! I sure hope they follow through on this. The telecomms will actually have some competition now!

...I wonder what Google's got planned for all that dark fibre they own, I'm hoping for Google ISP
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 12
Funny, I know I saw multiple articles yesterday that stated Google was not bringing out a branded phone, hardware side at least. Yes they have been making prototypes, however they had no plans of manufacturing or selling any of them because profits are so slim with hardware compared to software that they are quite successful with now. Basically the Google phones are the phones you have now, having Google search functionality, maps, etc. are going to be Google's contribution to the phone world. I imagine they will be working on more content for cellphones, but I doubt they will bring out their own. That said I bet that picture is as real as this one.

google-phone-1.jpg

Point is the Google phone is more likely than not going to be software on the phone only, with a phone made by an existing company.

*Well it looks like the Google phone is in speculation again. There was no chance of production when I went to sleep last night, now no one seems sure, it might be possible. I hate rumors, and I still doubt Google will be making their own device.

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 12
I like the first design. Stay away form the boring apple style.

And the physical keyboard is a big plus in my book, as is the internet thing.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Point is the Google phone is more likely than not going to be software on the phone only

A prospect I also welcome with open arms

A good piece of hardware can be severely crimped with bad software. This is what matters to most of us. WM6 on my Tmobile Dash... what a chore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back