Goody... Some idiot decided to use my HD-580's as speakers
Jul 9, 2008 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

XxATOLxX

Headphoneus Supremus
As I came home from work, I notice that my headphone amp is cranked to max. Since a lot of people use my computer, I'm not sure who did it but I'm guessing that this particular idiot decided used the headphones as speakers and blaring Myspace music through it. Now the right driver has a sort of a plastic bag flapping sound coming out of it and I'm guessing that its blown.

I have a couple questions about the driver replacement

1. I've read that these drivers are closely paired, will there be a noticeable difference if I were to get a replacement one?

2. Will the HD650 element fit into the HD580 housing?

Jul 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 40
That suck to hear that, i hope you fiqure out who. so you can give them the beating they deserve.

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 40
iirc the 650 drivers will fit in the 580s, Don't quote me on that though, I do remember a member here changing his 600 drivers with 650 drivers to A/B or maybe it was the other way around.

Best thing to do is probably to send it under warranty, or back to Sennheiser if your warrant is dead as they would probably match the drivers. But then you may need to "burn in" the newer driver as well :p

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 40
ok lets get this straight. are you looking for ingenious, and frankly evil ways to get them back, in which case im your man. if not, sorry, cant really help. but if i remember right, there was a pair of 580s with either a pair of 600 or 650 drivers in them for sale in the forums. so you might want to check that out, and ask the person how they did it, and where they got them from etc.

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok lets get this straight. are you looking for ingenious, and frankly evil ways to get them back, in which case im your man.

I'd love to hear your ideas...
biggrin.gif

But how is he gonna catch the culprit? CSI?
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 40
man, that sucks..

if you send that to a repair, they are going to replace the right only. so, i guess you can just replace the damaged one only.

i remember someone getting 600 drivers on 650. if that is the case, 650 drivers would probably fit in 580 as well.

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 40
There was a video I saw a while back, probably on ebaums world, where a guy's friends changed his laptop shut-down noise to some ah......rather interesting animal and female noises. If people who are using your computer aren't supposed to be, maybe you could swap something in like that for a start-up or login sound.

I'm sure that'd be a startling experience for them. Embarrassing, too, if anyone else was around.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #9 of 40
Password your PC, and F them if they complain...

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Password your PC, and F them if they complain...

I totally agree. Letting them use your PC is fine and dandy, but when they start to disrespect your property, you need to do something about it.
As an added bonus, if they really want to start using your PC again after you passworded it from everyone, you'll be amazed how fast you will find out who messed up your 'phones.
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #11 of 40
These monsters.... Make them pay with their teeth. After that, with some new HD580s.

Jul 9, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #13 of 40
I'm gonna go ahead and order another driver HD580 element. Hopefully there won't be much of a difference between the new one and the old one.

As for revenge, I think I'll go for the password route on this one. Nothing too vulgar on the screen because my mom occasionally uses it.
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #15 of 40
Man how can u even let anyone touch HD580s... for them it mite be just another headphone lying around.

When i leave home i hide all my headphones from my bro. (even the Sony clip ons)
biggrin.gif

and cant even stand someone touching my laptop.

oh btw i tried to blow the Diaphragm of Free Airline Clip-ons (16 ohm) and didnt succeed.. how did they even manage to damage yours without an Amp?

Are u sure the driver is damaged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back