Good suggestiong for IEMS<$100
Aug 17, 2012 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

blackz88

100+ Head-Fier
So my monster turbines broke today after a year so i decided to try out something new in the $100 or less range.
I loved my turbines, althought they dont really classify as a balanced sound but it was very BASS HEAVY thus making me love em. I wana try out something new or similar to my turbines

I got my mind on:
Sunrise xcape impressive edition
Klipsch Image S4
Hifiman Re0

I used to also own brainwavz M2, if thats similar to any of them

Any other suggestions?

thanks

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 10
If you can stretch your budget by $15, I would highly recommend you look into Yamaha EPH-100 from audio affair. I have a pair of Turbines here and they're great I really enjoy them but....EPH-100 would be an excellent step up (I have those too) The bass amounts is right up there with Turbines though they offer better instrument separation and a whole new level of clarity.

Something to consider.

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 10
i will strongly recommend Final Audio Design Adagio II, Adagio III and Beyerdynamic XP series.
they will wow you immediately once you try them.
The beyer xp series able to let you pick the sound according to your needs.
The FAD able to provide strong bass with good staging and impact.

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 10
I'd recommend the JVC FXD-80s, which I believe can be found for just a bit more than $100 imported.  Not super bassy phones, but they have a nice 6 db or so boost in the bottom end.  I also have the EPH-100s and they're quite nice but the 80s have a bit more bass and better treble (the 80s are somewhat U shaped int the frequency response).  Esp. great sounding phones for the price, they're one of the few things I have that generally sound good no matter what I use to drive them.  

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
So my monster turbines broke today after a year so i decided to try out something new in the $100 or less range.
I loved my turbines, althought they dont really classify as a balanced sound but it was very BASS HEAVY thus making me love em. I wana try out something new or similar to my turbines

I got my mind on:
Sunrise xcape impressive edition
Klipsch Image S4
Hifiman Re0

I used to also own brainwavz M2, if thats similar to any of them

Any other suggestions?

thanks

If you liked the turbines, stay far away from the RE0...completely different headphone.

I suggest Brainwavz M3, R1 and M5...all under 90 bucks and the R1 and M5 are under 50.  All fantastic headphones for the price.  The M3 is the most balanced of the bunch, so if bass is important go with one of the other two.  Also the Soundmagic e30 is a nice bass oriented all arounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back