good sounding, stylish, comfortable, isolating on ear headphone, is it possible?
Dec 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tom22

Headphoneus Supremus
i don't have a lot of experience with headphones, i currently have the noontec zoros and the monoprice 8320s. i both for difference reasons

i loved neutral sound, looks and comfort of the noontecs but the isolation is just not enough for me being the heavy commuter that i am.(also its detachable cable)

i loved the monoprice 8320s for their isolation, their cheap cheap price tag, and their comfort ( i added the atm 50 earpads and a comfy senheniser headband).(and its detachable cable 

i'm just using these headphones on my mac and iphone no amp. i'm looking for a pair of headphones that has a neutral sound signature, easily powered through my iphone. Also i want on ear as opposed to over ear because its less bulky ( i wear my headphones when i'm not listening to it, don't like collapsing them) soo its better if the headband isn't white (don't want it to end up with sweatmarks)

what comes to mind is the philips citiscape, vmoda, and the vmoda m 80s, does anyone have an other suggestions?

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 9
Adidas HD25? Depending on your aesthetic taste, it's also very neutral. There's also the AIAIAI TMA-1 but it has a very very dark sound signature.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
Adidas HD25? Depending on your aesthetic taste, it's also very neutral. There's also the AIAIAI TMA-1 but it has a very very dark sound signature.

thanks for the reply but now that i think about it i don't care about it being stylish, i just want neutral sound signature and isolation but i will check out your suggestion  thanks!!

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 9
The Tracks Ultra are said to sound quite good but I think the best stylish on-ear headphone with good SQ is the V-Moda M-80.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 9
I received the SOL Republic Tracks Ultra as a gift and they have fantastic sound. Make sure it is the Ultras, as the lower ones are really dark and bass-heavy with pretty severely recessed mids and highs. The V-Moda M80 is good too, but the Tracks Ultra sound a bit better. I had the M80s but I sold them. The TMA-1s have good sound, but really...dark...not fun. And the style is debatable. The Citiscape are good. But seriously, go to a BBY or an Apple Store, see if you can use your own PMP, and check out the SOL...you will NOT be disappointed.

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
I received the SOL Republic Tracks Ultra as a gift and they have fantastic sound. Make sure it is the Ultras, as the lower ones are really dark and bass-heavy with pretty severely recessed mids and highs. The V-Moda M80 is good too, but the Tracks Ultra sound a bit better. I had the M80s but I sold them. The TMA-1s have good sound, but really...dark...not fun. And the style is debatable. The Citiscape are good. But seriously, go to a BBY or an Apple Store, see if you can use your own PMP, and check out the SOL...you will NOT be disappointed.

thanks for the great response, i was wondering how the fit was on the tracks ultra? i noticed that they have very limited pivoting systeming (they adjust up and down but does not swivel). Also, i saw some reviews about the tracks as well. i heard they have very recessed mids? did you noticed that on the ultras?

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
The Tracks Ultra are said to sound quite good but I think the best stylish on-ear headphone with good SQ is the V-Moda M-80.

thanks! do you happen to have any experience with the m-80s. i heard their sound is fantastic, but i question its isolation for my commuting purposes. how did you find them? ( heard they have vents on them, in my mind vents= sound leakage and decreased isolation)

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #8 of 9
The Ultras have excellent mids and highs. They were specifically made to be an alternative to the darker cheap kinds. The fit is alright, not fantastic but still moderately comfortable.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
The Ultras have excellent mids and highs. They were specifically made to be an alternative to the darker cheap kinds. The fit is alright, not fantastic but still moderately comfortable.

Really? i heard that all tracks have a very sharp "V shaped sound sigature" the ultras being more like a small "u" upping hte mids a bit more than the tracks and the hds .

how did you find the isolation on them i was questioning it because of its lack of adjustable swivels??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back