Good Sound + Good Bass
Jun 24, 2011 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cpt5lImjIm

New Head-Fier
Hi there, new to the forum and I was wondering what headphones I should buy. I love over the ear headphones and I just broke my studio beats that my gf bought me, I have some Piiq Marqiis but the bass isn't good. What would be a good alternative? my budget is up to $200 and I would like for them to be moderately visually appealing. :)

Jun 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hi there, new to the forum and I was wondering what headphones I should buy. I love over the ear headphones and I just broke my studio beats that my gf bought me, I have some Piiq Marqiis but the bass isn't good. What would be a good alternative? my budget is up to $200 and I would like for them to be moderately visually appealing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Heya,

For at home use? For portability, ie, taking them out with you? What's your source equipment? What quality are the music files you're listening to (Lossless, or if you know a bitrate, which?). Do you like huge headphones or smaller ones? Any preference on ear pads (plastic, leather, velor cloth, etc)? Do you have an amplifier? If not, are you willing to get an amplifier?

Also, just hit the "Search this forum" and put in basshead and see what crops up. There's a lot of recent stuff that has what you need.

Very best,

Jun 24, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 4
Well as of now I'm using my PC, Im listening to lossless as of now, but I'm also on the hunt for a new mp3 player that hopefully plays flac or ogg files. But I want portability and good to great sound good bass is a plus but its not a must. As for materials, i hope they are durable cause i am clumsy and i tend to drop my stuff a lot, i would like leather or cloth for my earpads and if it helps I listen to a lot of acoustic and rock music with the occasional Techno and electronic beats. I will give that thread a look, thanks.

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Klipsch Image ONE, Bose On Ear, Beats Solo,  M50, Shure 840 and DT770.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back