Good Riddance 2020 Sale! 15% off Most Headphone Models.
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

mrspeakers

Sponsor: Dan Clark Audio (Formerly MrSpeakers)
Hi friends!

2020 will certainly go down in the books as a hard year for pretty much every one of us, and as we come up on the New Year, we thought we'd celebrate the end of the year with a "Good Riddance 2020" 15% off sale!

Save 15% off on all our built-in-USA headphone models (10% off on ÆON RT) through January 1, 2021. And Club DCA members get an extra 10% too.

The sale includes our brand new ÆON 2 Noire, our latest closed headphone featuring a svelte all-black styling, and a new voicing that's really close to the Harmon Curve!

Enjoy the sale, have a happy and safe holiday, and we look forward to seeing you again at CanJam and other shows later in 2021!

Peace,

Dan

DSC_0331 Site Ready.jpg

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 21, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 52
Can we see a comparison chart of curves between the noire and a regular aeon 2c?

Dec 21, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 52
I got my Aeon 2C about a month ago and it’s amazing!

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 52
The sale includes our brand new ÆON 2 Noire, our latest closed headphone featuring a svelte all-black styling, and a new voicing that's really close to the Harmon Curve!

DSC_0331 Site Ready.jpg
Yes!! Dan's finally gone over to the Dark Side!!

giphy.gif

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 52
FR measurements please :thinking:
Specs are kinda light on the product page. Does anyone know the Noire's impedance? Wondering if it'll pair reasonably well with my high output impedance OTL amp?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #12 of 52
Specs are kinda light on the product page. Does anyone know the Noire's impedance? Wondering if it'll pair reasonably well with my high output impedance OTL amp?

I doubt it. Most planars sound horrid with otl’s. I’ve had good experiences with hybrids like ECP t3 and LCD2.2/HE500 in the past though. The Noire looks great. Reviewers have knocked the og Aeon and 2 for not being dynamic, punchy or extend in the sub-bass region. I thought they were competent when I heard them at the last source AV meet. I got my Alpha dog in a trade recently and found female vocals are forward and pretty enjoyable. I also liked the Harmon tuning of the HD560s, but not its technical abilities or timbre compared to an HD600. Noire's are interesting... Anyway cheers!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #14 of 52
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back