good player with at least 8gb for my brother
Dec 18, 2008 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Baba booey

Headphoneus Supremus
He doesn't seem to care about SQ due to the fact that despite having a Samsung YP-Z5, he uses the stock buds. He says if they're free, why would anyone pay for headphones
tongue_smile.gif

He has 2gb on his Z5 and he needs something w/more storage. I think 8gb is a good spot.
Expandability is nice.
Ease of navigation is important(as the Z5 blows chunks in that category).
Preferably under $100.
It would be good if it has at least decent SQ if I could get him into SQ.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 10
Just get him any recent Sony Walkman model. Easy enough to navigate, you can probably find an 8gb model for under $100 (especially on Advanced MP3 Players), the screen is great for videos, the included headphones aren't all that bad if you get him an S-series model and, even though he doesn't care, the sound quality is great. All that and great battery life should be more than enough to win him over.

EDIT: If he doesn't care about videos at all, the Fuze might be a better choice for the microSD slot.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 10
Fuze 8gb on overstock for 60 shipped.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #6 of 10
Well, since he wants around 8gb, and expandability is a nice option, Imma have to recommend the Cowon D2. I see in your sig that you yourself have the Cowon D2. I know its not exactly under $100, buts its a really nice player and I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Is there any reason you're not considering the D2?

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fuze 8gb on overstock for 60 shipped.

out of stock at that price hours ago (damn, I missed it).

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #8 of 10
Fuze Fuze Fuze !

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #9 of 10
For an inexpensive, great sounding gift (even though he couldn't cars less about the SQ), the Fuze is a great choice. 2nd place would be a Sony, but only if you'd like to get the higher priced player for him. Otherwise, both are excellent, just depends on your spending limit.

Dec 20, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #10 of 10
8GB sansa fuze

or

8GB sansa clip

or

8 GB Sony S638, which is not bad in terms of sound quality, but not as good as the sansa clip or fuze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back