Good place to buy resistors
Nov 6, 2005 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

grasshpr

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Just wanted to share some info with fellow DIYiers. I found a nice place to buy precision metal film resistors in bulk (100 resistors per pack for a buck)! They don't have any Vishay Dale resistors that alot of people use (and actually they don't let even tell you the manufacturer), buts its a good deal in case you want good resistors dirt cheap. I bought about 20 packs of different variety resistances and they came in a timely manner.

Place is called opamp electronics.

Just so you guys know, I'm not associated with this company in any way. I just wanted to share my experiences...

Nov 6, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Grasshpr, thank you for sharing the op amp site. I was able to score HUNDREDS of the resistors I use the most of for only 9 bucks... Did you see that tiny 220uF 16V rubycon electrolytic??? Score!!!! That is a strange site tho'... called op amp, but they didn't sell a single DIP 8 op amp... Oh well... BTW check out a site www.welbornelabs.com they've got cerafines: 220uF 16V (wine and gold) at 1.20$ each...
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by vixr
Grasshpr, thank you for sharing the op amp site. I was able to score HUNDREDS of the resistors I use the most of for only 9 bucks... Did you see that tiny 220uF 16V rubycon electrolytic??? Score!!!! That is a strange site tho'... called op amp, but they didn't sell a single DIP 8 op amp... Oh well... BTW check out a site www.welbornelabs.com/elna they've got cerafines in the 220uF 25V (wine and gold) at 10 pieces for 15 bucks...
biggrin.gif

Yeah, they have an ebay store as well. Thats how I found their website. I also like their electronics theory section...

It is pretty strange they don't sell opamps, but I guess it depends on what they have in stock. Thanks for the cap info, I'll take a look later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back