Good place to buy HD650s...
Jan 14, 2010 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dfong87

Head-Fier
been a long time since i've been on this forum, and i hope this is the right place to ask...(if not, mea culpa)

where have people been buying their Sennheiser 650s from recently? it seems the last time i was on the market (and didn't buy) the price was significantly less than it is now (~300-350). most of the usual suspects TTVJ, Headroom, AudioAdvisor have it for $499.

anyone have experience with supposedly authorized dealers fulfilled through amazon like Sonic Sense which sell it for $338? it seems they get good reviews.

i'm all for paying more for a good service and good return policy (bout from all of the above three companies in the past) but the price difference here is significant between some of the Amazon affiliates and the usual places.

anyway, i'd appreciate some thoughts and experiences as i want a small upgrade to my HD580s at home (which will be transplanted to work to use with my old headroom amp).

thanks!

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 12
Got mine form ProAudioStar. Awesome price and CS.

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 12
I bought my HD650s from HeadRoom about a month ago. I used the coupon code "HD650" and got them for $349.99.

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 12
I just received my HD650 a couple of days ago, shipped nice and quick.

I bought mines from Sarjo Wholesale Group through Amazon for $340 no tax/ship. I searched and they have pretty good reviews and have been around for quite a while. Initially I was given a 2 week estimated ship date. I thought that was a bit long but it actually came a lot earlier, only a few days after they shipped.

I was wondering what DAC/Amp you're deciding to use the 650s with?

Good luck!

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #9 of 12
wow! lots of quick responses. thanks guys! please keep them coming!

sounds like the retailers through amazon are trustworthy, which is encouraging. i just sent email to headroom...if they still have that sale code going, i'll probably go with them as i have had much good luck over the years ordering from them.

to answer query regarding amp: i'll be using my Creek 5350SE integrated amp to power it at home, fed by either my turntable (Rega P3) or CD/SACD players (Arcam Alpha 9/Sony XA777ES).

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by HenrySsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my HD650 a couple of days ago, shipped nice and quick.

I buy from Sarjo Wholesale Group through Amazon for $340 no tax/ship. I searched and they have pretty good reviews and have been around for quite a while. Initially I was given a 2 week estimated ship date. I thought that was a bit long but it actually came a lot earlier, only a few days after they shipped.

I was wondering what DAC/Amp you're deciding to use the 650s with?

Good luck!

theyre not an authorized dealer. i paid less than that for mine from an authorized dealer. although i have noticed the prices are going back up a bit.

Jan 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 12
J&R is where I got mine... call them and ask them if they can match a price; why not try $320 :wink:.

Also, I see that someone has a post running about dakmart.com with regard to a pair of b-stock hd600's for cheap. Here is the link to the thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/b-s...d-600s-465374/

I have never used the site, but they have b-stock hd650's for $285.98 with warranty and claim to be an authorized Sennheiser dealer. I believe someone posted in the other thread that this was confirmed. If you are concerned, give Sennheiser a call and ask.

Here is the link to the hd650:
Sennheiser HD650 / HD-650 Stereo Headphone, bstock w/ Warranty DAKmart

Hope you find a pair soon because I am sure enjoying mine!!!

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back