1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Good Over-the ear headphones for ~$150

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by clee290, Nov 27, 2010.
  1. clee290
    Hey everyone, so I am looking for a nice pair of over-the-ears for around $150. I listen to hiphop/rap/rnb/reggae/dancehall/a bit of techno/dance. Any suggestions?

I've been looking into the AKG K701's, though they are a little higher than my budget. Thanks for any suggestions!

2. clee290
    Anyone?

3. Riku540
    Have you looked at the other threads like yours? Most will probably recommend the Audio-Technica M50.

4. tdockweiler
    Are you going to be using them with an amp?
    If not I'd suggest the Shure SRH-440. If you can find the SRH-840 for under $150 I'd get those instead. The SRH-440 is a better fit for many people, including me due to a smaller headband. Don't let anyone tell you the SRH-840 is bass light, because it's definitely not true. Maybe compared to the M50! The SRH-840 does have more bass then the 440 though.

The M50 would be another idea, but I ended up with the AKG k240 after selling them. Those are semi-open and another headphone to consider. They're not portable though. They have the best comfort out of any headphone under $150.

5. clee290
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll check them out :)