Good online audio store in the UK?
Aug 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
Wondering if there is an online audio store w/ headphones, speakers, subwoofers, receivers, etc that has affordable, quality gear? Looking out for the UK folks over at hardforums. There is about 2-3 questions a week regarding where to get decent headphones, speakers, subs over in the UK and I live in Virginia lol.

Cheers!
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 13
Superfi are pretty good and carry a good selection of headphones. Some of their special offers (which usually change quite often) are also good. I've bought a few things from them. I would avoid HiFiBitz, they've gone out of business twice and their policy seems to be, you buy, they order, they wait for stock, they get stock, they post, you get (quite sometime later).

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 13
Aug 15, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkadelic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are not always fully competetive for headphones, but it is always worth popping into the local Richer Sounds branch as look as some of their special offers can be spectacular. They have a website too http://www.richersounds.co.ukSimon

Richer Sounds and Sevenoaks Hifi are both great. Sevenoaks have changed their name to 'Sound and Vision', and they have a clearance sale going on right now.

Clearance - Sevenoaks Sound & Vision

I'm currently trying out the Cambridge Audio 740c and 840c from Richer Sounds on a 30-day trial. They normally offer a no-quibble 14-day refund if you're not happy with a product, but they've extended it to 30 for the 740/840 models. And if you're anywhere near the Croydon branch, go see Andy. He's a real enthusiast, he even has photos of his Meridian 602/606 on his phone
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure about Sevenoaks returns policy, but when I bought my Arcam CD player there, I asked if I could bring it back if I didn't like it, and they agreed - but I wasn't sure if that was standard practice or not. I like Richer Sounds for my 'basics', and Sevenoaks for anything fancy
smily_headphones1.gif

And they'll both deliver, although sometimes the products are cheaper in store, particularly at Richer Sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back