Good,not great runners cans?
Nov 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jvandyk

100+ Head-Fier
They need to have the voice command for IOS and be comfortable and stay in for a serious runner.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 10
Price range?

I assume you are talking about IEMs (in ear headphones) because you say "stay in". "cans" refer to over the head headphones. Please clarify.

Provide a little more of what you are looking for and people can give better suggestions.

Sennheiser has a product I haven't heard here you could look at for runners/sports that you could look into:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-earbuds-headphones-sennheiser-adidas-running-workouts-gym-fitness_504603

Good luck

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
Price range?
I assume you are talking about IEMs (in ear headphones) because you say "stay in". "cans" refer to over the head headphones. Please clarify.
Provide a little more of what you are looking for and people can give better suggestions.
Sennheiser has a product I haven't heard here you could look at for runners/sports that you could look into:
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-earbuds-headphones-sennheiser-adidas-running-workouts-gym-fitness_504603
Good luck

Yes. Looking for anybody who is an actual runner and can testify as to the in-ear design not falling out/tangled and working well with an iphone! I saw the Bose model for $170..too much.

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 10
The Sennheiser MX 680 and the MX 685 are great choices for earbud style headphones.  Sound good stay in perfectly no matter how sweaty the workout.  The PMX 680 is a great choice for behind the neck.  All of these models are pretty reasonably priced.  And I own all of them, and the Bose you mentioned.  I think the Senn's all sound better than the Bose. 
You might also give the Yurbuds a try.  One suggestion however, if you like bass then get the Yurbuds with the red cable.  There is a difference between those and all the other ones. 

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 10
I had been using thebolder version of the Sennheiser MXs for about four years of running. Great buds. Very, ood sound, comfotable andvstayed in my ears. Just picked up a pair of the MX685s. They seem to fit even better. I prefer buds to IEMs for running because of the lack of isolation.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
I had been using thebolder version of the Sennheiser MXs for about four years of running. Great buds. Very, ood sound, comfotable andvstayed in my ears. Just picked up a pair of the MX685s. They seem to fit even better. I prefer buds to IEMs for running because of the lack of isolation.

Me too.  Wish there was as much focus on creating good sounding earbuds.  I can't run with IEM's.  There has never been a sufficient enough seal that could keep them in once I started sweating.  They always work their way out. 

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #7 of 10
The Sennheiser Nike IEMs for runners are great sounding, has remote and the stay in ear. The other IEMs like Harmen Kardon AE, GR07, Klipsch Image X5, UE 700i are great buy for good isolation, fit and soundqualit.

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #8 of 10
I also shoot hoops using my cheapo CX200 sennheisers or JVC FX40's with comply TS400 tips on them. And I only wear them during shooting drills which is non stop running and jumping. They don't even budge. I would think this is worse than running. Unfortunately there is no mic or remote but a similar model (CX275) is available with both features as well as the higher end CX980i which is going to sound better than those bose by far.

I quite using my Ipod however and use a zip clip with a 64gb card in it. It weighs so little that even if you drop it, your iem's still stay in your ears and it just dangles from the cable. Think early ipod shuffle in weight. It has actulal physical buttons on the front so it is easy to play, pause, rewind, volume, etc.

That is my best recommendation is to get comply foam tips. Just find the lightest IEMs that you can find with a mic/buttons and look them up on Complyfoam.com. There is a tip size finder there. The Sennheisers I have for example use the 400 size.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #9 of 10
I also shoot hoops using my cheapo CX200 sennheisers or JVC FX40's with comply TS400 tips on them. And I only wear them during shooting drills which is non stop running and jumping. They don't even budge. I would think this is worse than running. Unfortunately there is no mic or remote but a similar model (CX275) is available with both features as well as the higher end CX980i which is going to sound better than those bose by far.
I quite using my Ipod however and use a zip clip with a 64gb card in it. It weighs so little that even if you drop it, your iem's still stay in your ears and it just dangles from the cable. Think early ipod shuffle in weight. It has actulal physical buttons on the front so it is easy to play, pause, rewind, volume, etc.
That is my best recommendation is to get comply foam tips. Just find the lightest IEMs that you can find with a mic/buttons and look them up on Complyfoam.com. There is a tip size finder there. The Sennheisers I have for example use the 400 size.

Thanks for the replies to everybody! The Sennies look like the ticket but maybe the Monster sport cans for 99 bucks.
Thanks!

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #10 of 10
Hey guys, I actually got a pair of Yurbuds Focus Pros. About $60. They are very comfortable and the sound quality is much better than expected for the price. The MIC feature does not do outgoing on IOS but they are waterproof and very well made, again for this kind of price.

https://www.yurbuds.com/

Probably hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back