GOOD-LOOKING speakers for bedroom or second livingroom? (Airplay enabled)
Jan 12, 2014 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

shnjb

New Head-Fier
I would like to get some speakers for bedroom and maybe also for second livingroom.

I have Pioneer reference speakers for my "  theater" so I don't really want those types of speakers that connect to amps for livingroom and bedroom since I don't want to get amps for everywhere.

Any suggestions?

I really love the B&O design but don't want to pay that kind of money for non-high end sound.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 30
Jan 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 30
You should hunt for: active speakers or powered speakers and pick the one you like the most. The speakers have to be connected to an airport express (an apple tv v2 might do the trick too) to connect wireless.

Read a bit.
http://www.macworld.com/article/1160417/how_to_build_your_own_airplay_audio_system.html

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-airplay-speaker/

I have Apple TV but don't want to deal with it for bedroom and living room.
Hopefully the speakers have that built in.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #8 of 30
Ooh airport express to use airplay sounds useful.
I wanted to buy another one anyway.
Maybe I will have to sacrifice the looks for function given my small budget

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #9 of 30
Vanatoo Transparent One are on the upper end of you budget (sorry) but they are excellent if your room is not too large. Excellent sound and would work well with Airplay. Read a few reviews (check their web site) and look at Amazon feedback. Very good. I own them and am extremely satisfied after listening vs. some other options.

http://www.amazon.com/Vanatoo-Transparent-One-Powered-Speakers/dp/B0080K2KUK

Probably lots of good ones in this price range and opinions too. This is mine.

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #10 of 30
Haven't heard the Vanatoo but they will be my next speaker purchase without a doubt (unless I win the lotto).

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #11 of 30
They are leagues above my former Klipsch Pro Media set up (as I hope most are in this range) and blew away anything I heard at or below their price range. Flat response, extended bass for a bookshelf (down to 49hz with subwoofer out if not enough for you), excellent connection options, etc. I went in with a $300 budget and walked out with these at $500 after hearing them. At their size I would even consider hauling them along on extended vacations.I have fed them coax from my DX50 and yowsa!

Anyway, sorry OP for gushing a bit. Many good options I suspect and best if you can listen for yourself! Couple features these don't have: RCA connects and remote just so you know they're not perfect. 
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #13 of 30
"worth the price" is a subjective thing.  What might be worth it for me, might not be worth it for you. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #14 of 30
People who have purchased seem to think so based on Amazon reviews (39 customers-5 star, 3 customers-4 star). In my research this summer Swans got a lot of love and the Emotiva 4s surfaced regularly as choices. A few others that Lenni mentioned earlier are usually in the mix. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #15 of 30
Swans and emotiva4 I will look into them.
Thanks.

I'm just starting to get into better speakers so I don't know 1) what the differences between low end vs high end are 2) whether I will be able to tell given my lack of developed sense of hearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back