good-looking headphones with great sound at the $150-$250AU range?
May 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

onedaysnotice

New Head-Fier
I dunno guys... I'm really not digging the regular ole circular or oval cups anymore.  I'm looking for something with a form factor similar to that of beats, since I don't want to actually get beats because of its monstrous price vs its sound.  I like to walk around with my headphones so I want something that stands out. :S

I'm currently looking at the Scosche RH1056M... can anyone vouch for this headphone? All the reviews I've read said that these generally have better sound than the beats remotely close to its price range.
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-RH1056M-Over-The-Ear-Headphones-White/dp/B005HIS6IS

Any other recommendations? :S I want something that has a somewhat different design to the norm and yet sounds good.  I know appearance shouldn't determine the worth of a product, but it certainly is a factor of consideration for me :/

I mainly listen to rock btw.

May 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 11
oldfashionchic....
http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Aviator-S6AVDM-090-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B005CSFWUS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_31
ksc75smile.gif

May 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 11
V-moda M80, or LP2, or wait for the M100

Best sound, best quality, and customizable

May 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
I would forget the lp2 and just wait for the m100 if its everything its hyped up too be (over ear m80s)

Okay, I'm kinda hyped for the m100 now, and if it has a phantom chrome colour scheme, then it'll be a done deal :D When does it come out?

I was actually looking into the lp's before but the reviews weren't too positive so I was kinda reluctant to get them :S.  How about the lp2 then? Well...it only has one colour scheme, and it is not phantom chrome. xP There's a subtle difference between an lp2 with a custom white shield and a phantom chrome lp, and for me, the difference is enough to be a deal breaker :S lmao I'm so picky >.<

May 21, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Okay, I'm kinda hyped for the m100 now, and if it has a phantom chrome colour scheme, then it'll be a done deal :D When does it come out?

I was actually looking into the lp's before but the reviews weren't too positive so I was kinda reluctant to get them :S.  How about the lp2 then? Well...it only has one colour scheme, and it is not phantom chrome. xP There's a subtle difference between an lp2 with a custom white shield and a phantom chrome lp, and for me, the difference is enough to be a deal breaker :S lmao I'm so picky >.<

I dont think there is a official date (I could be wrong so wait for more people too chime in) but I am predicting next month. and the lp2 is just a slightly updated version of the lp (ie the bass is still muddy) and I dont know about the color scheme but I think its going too be released in all black first (look at the m80s) and they they could come out with a white color) but thats just my personal prediction's so I dont know if anything is official yet.

May 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
I dont think there is a official date (I could be wrong so wait for more people too chime in) but I am predicting next month. and the lp2 is just a slightly updated version of the lp (ie the bass is still muddy) and I dont know about the color scheme but I think its going too be released in all black first (look at the m80s) and they they could come out with a white color) but thats just my personal prediction's so I dont know if anything is official yet.

Your about as correct as anyone else. Custom shields are still available in all the colours that they are, since the LP/2 shields will fit on the M100.

I would also wait for the M100 if you want over ear, heck even if it is just over ear M80 its not a bad buy.
Or if you don't mind the on ear, the M80 is a good price, but it does not have shaking bass or anything.
LP2 is slightly improved LP, more mids, slightly cleaned up but still muddy bass (I am lead to believe anyway.) Made more for Live performances then everyday, but seems to be a mainstream can more then anything.

May 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Your about as correct as anyone else. Custom shields are still available in all the colours that they are, since the LP/2 shields will fit on the M100.

I would also wait for the M100 if you want over ear, heck even if it is just over ear M80 its not a bad buy.
Or if you don't mind the on ear, the M80 is a good price, but it does not have shaking bass or anything.
LP2 is slightly improved LP, more mids, slightly cleaned up but still muddy bass (I am lead to believe anyway.) Made more for Live performances then everyday, but seems to be a mainstream can more then anything.

that sums up the way the lp2s sound

May 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #10 of 11
May I also suggest as a nice looking portable in the price range, the AiAiAi TMA-1 :]

A little more expensive and slightly out of that range, but a lot more portable is the Audio Technica ATH-ES88 ($268 AUD at addictedtoaudio).

Both are gorgeous looking cans, I've seen em in person.

May 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #11 of 11
The Poineer MJ151, Marley Stir it up, Philips Fideleo L1 are great looking and sound good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back