Good Koss headphones for outside use? (not too expensive)
Nov 25, 2014 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KlarkKentThe3rd

100+ Head-Fier
Been looking for a good, easy to drive pair of headphones to use outside. Bought Tascam TH-02, but the cable is too long and cups are just bad and hard.

So I decided to buy a pair of Koss, if I could find a relatively neutral model. That is easy to drive.

Minimal requirements:
-relatively neutral
-fairly detailed
-not Portapro, KSC75, or ProDJ100 (I have reasons and heard ProDJ is not neutral and mid-centric)

If anyone has such a model, please sell it to me. Is the UR line good?

Nov 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 5
OK, so I have to ask - why have you decided it has to be Koss? Why pick the brand instead of just buying whatever brand meets your needs?

For no reason other than wanting to know more about the company and what it makes. If they literally have no good models aside from those 3 I listed, I guess this thread will be declared a failure.

EDIT: I did a fair amount of research and came to a conclusion that most respectable companies concentrate their efforts in the 100+ dollar models and do not make good cheap ones. Koss seems to be the only company who does that.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Philips and JVC also do - if you pick the right models. There's also the Creative Aurvana Live.

Have you browsed ljokerl's monster thread?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-113-portable-headphones-reviewed-alpha-design-labs-adl-h118-added-07-15-14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back