Good, isolating portable headphones.
Nov 1, 2002 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gene-pool

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy some new headphones to use on the train. I want them to isolate as much as possible but not be to big so that I can take them w/me all the time. The ones I'm mostly considering are:

Ety's ER6 (what exactly is microphonics and occlusion?)
Bose Triport
Sony EX70

I'm leaning towards earbuds more because of their size but feel free to suggest other portable headphones.

What stores would you suggest I try besides headphone.com and audiocubes.com?

Thanks!
-Gene

Nov 1, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 6
I would eliminate the Bose TriPorts from consideration. Their sound quality is more like a pair of $30 headphones -- but they cost an astounding $150!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
And they don't provide much isolation from external noise, despite their closed design.
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2002 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 6
It depends on what you have in terms of portable equipment.

However the EX70's seem like a good starting point. They're cheap, unobtrusive and isolate well. There's a wealth of 'mods' available here as well.

Nov 1, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 6
I've just got a regular cd player, I'm looking into buying a new mp3 cd player soon. Other than that I do dj and have the 7506's w/Beyerdynamic pads (thanks to this forum.) But they are too much of a hassle to take w/me to just use with a cd player. If the HD 25's are good and portable enough I could use them for more than just listening to music on the train.

What are the best ear buds for the price (or below it) of the ER6's?

What are the best regular headphones (@ or below $150)?

-Gene

Nov 1, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, I was going to say Senn HD 280 pro, but if ou already have V6's and don't want to carry those around becuase it's too much hassle than the 280s won't be any better in that respect. I guess you could look at the etymotic buds, but those are pretty pricey.. I'm not sure what else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back