Good in ear headphones around... 100-200 bucks?
Nov 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
I have some Senn 555s that I use and love but I want some that I can listen to in the car or on the go. I think I am going to get an amp also I'm wondering what some good headphones are.

I am using an iTouch BTW and listen to mostly rock, alternative, and metal.

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. Kudos to member1982 and ZephrSapphire for beating me to it.

Lol. We should have a sticky telling newcomers. "THINK BEFORE YOU POST. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION INSTEAD OF WASTING OUR BANDWIDTH BY POSTING A THREAD THAT HAS MOST LIKELY BEEN ANSWERED."

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 12
Yeah, people should search, as they will find a whole host of very useful information that should answer 90% of questions, however there are new head/ear phones coming onto the market on a weekly basis, and not all of them are reviewed here.
I have just bought a pair of Audio technica CKM70 earphones, and prior to getting them could not find a single thread on here about them, despite them being on the market for 3 months. Searching did me no use what so ever, unfortunately.

To the OP, dont listen to headphones when your driving, it is very dangerous.

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 12
^ True, but that means your purchase was a bit of a risk. I'm just not brave enough to venture out into the market without a Head-Fi consult. No cutting edge new stuff for me, I guess.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #8 of 12
Yeah, it was a risk, but i already owned the Audio technica A900 monitor head phones, which i have yet to see a bad review of. I also heard that the CKM50 was a good set of IEM's, so thought he risk wasn't as... risky.
If no one asks about new headphones or opinions of the people on this board, then we may not get to know about the different alternatives, and we will all only stick with the dozen or so well known ones that crop up time and time again.
This will quickly become a stale fanboy site if we did this.

The OP's question was an open one, i could understand his bashing if he asked 'what are the super.fi 5 pros like?'.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #9 of 12
^ Point taken. Fair enough.
smily_headphones1.gif

OP, narrow down your criteria. We've got genre and a pretty wide price range at the moment. Want to specify your price a bit? And tell us what IEMs you've tried? What tips, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back