good iem/s under 100 dollars
Oct 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

justgotlucky123

100+ Head-Fier
so I've been looking for an iem for under 100 bucks for quite a while now. i am using this for a back up and when i am in my bed listening to music or watching movies on a tablet and maybe for commuting. the reason i am doing this is because i dont like having a big bulk on my head when i am lying on my bed and so that i can move my head sideways...

currently, i got my eyes on the Meelectronics A151, TDK EB950, Meelec M-Duo, JBL j33. Im listening to all kinds of genre. And my preferred sound signature is warm+sweet (i got this from Clieos - from inearmatters.net). 

what i like for the looks of an iem:
1. should be wear over the ear. kinda like the Meelec M6
2. have a Y-split.
3. maybe a flat cable? or an untangled one

what i like for the performance of an iem: 
1. warm+sweet sound signature (a little more bass is good)
2. good isolation
3. good soundstage
4. airy  
5, good build quality

So which of these iem would be perfect for me?

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 10
Just go a little higher and get the TDK BA200 at about $129. It is over the ear, Y-split, flat tangle-free cable, warm+sweet, excellent isolation, excellent sound stage, airy, fairly well built, and very detailed.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 10
  Just go a little higher and get the TDK BA200 at about $129. It is over the ear, Y-split, flat tangle-free cable, warm+sweet, excellent isolation, excellent sound stage, airy, fairly well built, and very detailed.

about that... TDK BA200 is not available on my local store. the only available is BA100 but they said that eb950 is better than ba100 so i'd better pick up the eb950s...

but the problem with the eb950s is that i dont like the way they look. and they are open so they will leak an amount of sound.
is sound leakage huge with these? 

Meelectronics A151, TDK EB950, Meelec M-Duo, JBL j33
and how do these iem compare to each other?

also, i cant exceed 100 dollars. i pretty like the BA200 though. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 10

about that... TDK BA200 is not available on my local store. the only available is BA100 but they said that eb950 is better than ba100 so i'd better pick up the eb950s...
  also, i cant exceed 100 dollars. i pretty like the BA200 though. 

Import it. And do exceed 100 dollars. It's worth it. The other IEMs you're mentioning don't come close at all.

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 10

Import it. And do exceed 100 dollars. It's worth it. The other IEMs you're mentioning don't come close at all.

im just a student and i dont have a credit card. and my mom wouldnt let me use her credit card to spend that much for a pair of iems. so i cant buy online and ship it to my country. 

and if i spend over 100 dollars for an iem, would it last for about, let say 10 years for example? 
lets assume that ill handle them with Tender Loving Care...

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #7 of 10
  There is a subforum for your questions.
You can also ask in jokers thread. And the search box is your friend not your enemy.

oh sorry for these... i didnt know that theres a forum for this. 

i cant seem to find a thread that is really helpful for me i think.

but i never visited those threads so i'll search them out. thanks!

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 10
http://www.head-fi.org/f/7840/introductions-help-and-recommendations
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-298-iems-compared-sensaphonics-3max-added-10-02-13-p-778

The link to the sub forum is on top and link on the bottom is to the jokers thread where you can ask too for a iem right for you, there are a lot of friendly and experts on this type of recommendation. On jokers thread, on the first page you can see a massive comparision between iems, which one with its own review and on the bottom you can see the comparison table.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #9 of 10
  http://www.head-fi.org/f/7840/introductions-help-and-recommendations
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-298-iems-compared-sensaphonics-3max-added-10-02-13-p-778

The link to the sub forum is on top and link on the bottom is to the jokers thread where you can ask too for a iem right for you, there are a lot of friendly and experts on this type of recommendation. On jokers thread, on the first page you can see a massive comparision between iems, which one with its own review and on the bottom you can see the comparison table.

thanks for posting these!

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 10
How important is Airy for you? If it's not really important, than the Shure SE215 is nice for $99. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back