Good headphones, now what?
Mar 18, 2002 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

meme4me

New Head-Fier
Hey just got my 7506 headphones today, sounds really really amazing, however id like to take it around with me so can anyone recommend a good sony cd walkman that allows me to take full advantage of my 7506?

thanks.
P.S. yes I am going to wear my 7506 around my neck cos after hearing from these babies i will never go back to crappy headphones again.

Mar 18, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 7

fiddler

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, the 25s has NO anti-shock whatsoever, so it might not be the best option for active portable use.

I think the Panasonic 570 is a good compromise between sound, features, size, battery life, and cost. You can switch between 10 second uncompressed anti-shock, which doesn't degrade quality, and the 40 second anti-shock, which compresses and degrades the sound. I find the 10-sec anti-shock to be most useful in almost every situation. I use it all the time while commuting and have never had it skip once. I usually listen while sitting quietly, so the most the player ever has to deal with is the occasional accidental bump. And according to the manual, turning on anti-shock actually SAVES battery power, so I see no reason why anybody would use no antishock over the 10-second mode. If you have to listen while walking or excersizing, you can always switch to the 40 second mode, and in those situations the quality loss is probably not nearly as noticeable. It also has a line-out, which gives you the option of adding an amp later.

Mar 19, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 7

fiddler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hm? I don't think my 570 is the prettiest CD player ever made, but it sure as hell isn't ugly...

Users who are viewing this thread