Good headphones for music, movies, and gaming.
May 25, 2015 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

southpaul20

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to find some headphones to fulfill listening to music, gaming, and watching movies/shows.
I prefer smaller over ears and I'm a fan of mids/vocals.
Would sennheiser momentums be good all arounders?  I'm open for suggestions.

May 25, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 6
  Hey everyone,
I'm trying to find some headphones to fulfill listening to music, gaming, and watching movies/shows.
I prefer smaller over ears and I'm a fan of mids/vocals.
Would sennheiser momentums be good all arounders?  I'm open for suggestions.

1-Do you need isolation?
2-Where are you normally plugging your headphones?
3-How much are you willing to spend?

May 25, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 6

1-Do you need isolation?
2-Where are you normally plugging your headphones?
3-How much are you willing to spend?

1. Isolation isn't a priority but I do like closed back headphones.
2. Mostly straight into a pc and consoles/controller.  I'd like some that don't need an amp to sound good.
3. Up to $300.

May 25, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 6
The Soundmagic HP150 are among the best closed back headphones under 300 (foldable but not small)
The Nad HP50 is other very fine pick under 300.
Focals Spirit Pro and Classic are often over 300.

The Momentums should do the trick as well.

There's always a trade off, bigger headphones like the Soundmagic HP150 often provide bigger soundstage for gaming and more comfort for movies, although not that great on the go, you know...

May 25, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 6
  The Soundmagic HP150 are among the best closed back headphones under 300 (foldable but not small)
The Nad HP50 is other very fine pick under 300.
Focals Spirit Pro and Classic are often over 300.

The Momentums should do the trick as well.

There's always a trade off, bigger headphones like the Soundmagic HP150 often provide bigger soundstage for gaming and more comfort for movies, although not that great on the go, you know...

Awesome thank you for the info and suggestions!  I'll definitely look into those.  How about the MDR-1R or ATH-MSR7? 

May 25, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 6

Awesome thank you for the info and suggestions!  I'll definitely look into those.  How about the MDR-1R or ATH-MSR7? 

The MDR-1R is very smooth and far from analytical.
It's very comfortable, not the most solid headphone, but still durable. Overall it's a warm headphone, vocals and strings sound very nice and the soundstage is also very good for a pretty compact closed back headphone. The bass could be tighter. The MDR-1A is the slightly upgraded version.

Can't talk for the MSR7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back